Help Needed with Traktor Scratch Pro Set Up
    Tech Student

Default Help Needed with Traktor Scratch Pro Set Up

Hi there everyone, i apoligise now if this is a long post lol!!

Basically, ive slowly been getting into djing and now my set up is;

Traktor Scratch Pro (on windows 7 laptop) with Audio 8 Interface
    2x Pioneer CDJ 1000 mk3's and DJM 600
    Traktor Kontrol X1

Ive had Traktor Pro for a couple of months now (without the X1) and it has been working ok, notice a couple of skipping noises which at first i thought was the speakers. When setting up i followed all the instructions and everything was working but i did notice that on the Audio 8 Inputs LED lights, when its set to vinyl control the light is green, but when i set it to CD control it is orange, is this normal??

Yesterday i recieved the X1 and had a slight problem to start with but quickly found the answer on the net and got it hooked up at working within Traktor, but the play back started to skip quite alot. In the scope view it says CD with skipping under it. It happens every couple of seconds now and it seems once it starts it has a chain reaction and just seems to get worse, ive been going mad all day lol!!

Also, the more im using Traktor and now especially that ive used the X1 (planning on gettin a 2nd one aswell) im begininng to wonder if my CDJ's are just becoming very expensive controllers?? And would i have all these problems if i say changed my set up to a DJM 800 and 2x Kontrol X1's?? Because i was really impressed with it, MIDI deffinatly seems to be the way to go creativity wise i think!!

I want to progress and build on my style and be really creative, hopefully making my own tunes soon but its proving hard when i cant get all my set up to work together.

Hopefully some one can see where im coming from and can lend a hand

Cheers

Rob

There is a second version of the CD timecode that can be downloaded from your NI account - this may help with the skipping part.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Hi cheers for your response, ive just dwnloaded that and burnt it but if anything its worse lol such a pain in the ass

Whats ur set up??

I use vinyl or just MIDI. What do your calibration circles look like (when not skipping)?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Ahh rite cool...they are fine, true circle it had been working 98% of the time before but now since ive tried adding the kontrol x1 it got a bit worse and now after re doing everything its doing it like every second.....more skipping then there is actually playback

Im tempted to get rid of the cdj's and get a better mixer and midi controllers and maybe a macbook