Maschine Users

Thread: Maschine Users

Default Maschine Users

I'm considering purchasing the maschine, can anybody on djtt give me any heads up, reviews or tips in advance, cheers , paul
    MBP 13'' - VCI 100 SE - Audio 2 DJ - Traktor Pro 2 - Akai LPK25 - Traktor Scratch Pro - Audio 8 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/prcll

Tech Guru

Its a nice piece of kit, however two things ahead of time:

1.) Its capable of being an Ableton MIDI controller, but I wouldn't rely on it for clip navigation. With no on screen indication as to where you are, or any indication on the controller itself of what clips you're hovering over, you'll loose place quickly. I have a friend who owns a Maschine, and he bought an APC40 because the Ableton clip launching on it was pretty weak.

2.) The original version can be transferred between owners if you decide to sell it. If you purchase the academic version however, you're stuck with it. Thats the trade off for the lower price you get.

Other than that, great piece of kit, everyone who owns one loves it, and says working with it is like crack.

I just love my Maschine.

I've been using MPC-60, SP12, MPC-3000, and allmost every other sampler/groovebox out there since the mid 90ies. Maschine is killing all of them. More features, no more discspace hustle, and so on.

I also use it as a midicontroller for Torq in my DJ-sets and it's super cool, that you can switch between controlling any other midisoftware and the included Maschine software live by pushing the buttons on the Maschine hardware.
    It's so much fun to start playing a beat with the pads live, then let the prerecorded pattern play and then switch to midi and start scratching and cuepoint juggling on top.
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

Tech Guru

Maschine is a lot of fun if you just want to lay down some ideas. A big issue for me is that there is no time stretching option. So if you want to use a disco loop it has to be stretched before hand.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::