Show your Setup! - Page 105
Page 105 of 469 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4681

400's have USB for hooking straight into Traktor Scratch aswell don't they?

Could be wrong
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    400's have USB for hooking straight into Traktor Scratch aswell don't they?
    They do, but only as midi controllers - thus negating the point of having another midi controller if you have a macbook like me, with only 2 USB ports!

I dunno, I wouldn't personally go for CDJ 400s.. They're a lot more gimicy, with in built effects and the like.. CDJ 800s have a far better scratch protocol (if that's the right terminology) and are generally more professional pieces of kit. I've seen them in a fair few clubs as alternatives for 1000s..

If you can stretch to the extra cash, well worth it in my opinion. But if you only want them to take to house parties and bedroom DJ yourself, might aswell get the CDJ 400s.

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    They do, but only as midi controllers - thus negating the point of having another midi controller if you have a macbook like me, with only 2 USB ports!
    Get a USB hub, problem solved.
    Also, what other purpose than being a midi controller would you want them to serve when hooking them up to Traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by korona View Post
    Also, what other purpose than being a midi controller would you want them to serve when hooking them up to Traktor?
    I personally loathe hubs.. they always cause trouble with me, and of course they have to be powered - which brings on the problem of another valuable socket in the booth!

I was thinking more as timecode devices when hooking up to traktor (if you're comparing them with the CDJ 800s that is..)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post

I dunno, I wouldn't personally go for CDJ 400s.. They're a lot more gimicy, with in built effects and the like.. CDJ 800s have a far better scratch protocol (if that's the right terminology) and are generally more professional pieces of kit. I've seen them in a fair few clubs as alternatives for 1000s..

If you can stretch to the extra cash, well worth it in my opinion. But if you only want them to take to house parties and bedroom DJ yourself, might aswell get the CDJ 400s.
    CDJ400's have full HID support with traktor so not just midi controllers. They use built in soundcards so they are plug and play.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post
    Damn armyofme that is alot of expensive gear... Hope you have insurance :P

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnn!

It's actually not that bad. I got the vci100 arcade directly from ean. which was the most expensive thing. But i just graduated from design school and it was my birthday and xmas all at once, so i got lots of help. and i bought maschine while i was still in school so i got it for like 350

Quote Originally Posted by famoussas32 View Post
    CDJ400's have full HID support with traktor so not just midi controllers. They use built in soundcards so they are plug and play.
    Hmm i guess.. they look cool, but again - standardly impractical to take with you anywhere!

Default my setup

Currently running: Dell inspiron w/ 4gb RAM and 500 gb HDD with Ableton Live 8.0
    Launch pad
    Korg Nano Kontrol
    Dual screen (view sonic, an old screen i had lying around)

Currently saving for an oxygen and a sound card, any suggestions on the sound card?

'

housemate upgraded from his stanton cdj's to 400's.
    Bought the Xone 22 to replace the stanton mixer as our master mixer, sounds awesome with XLR to the speakers.

Allen & Heath really are in a league of their own, amazing products.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

@WUZ : VCI in a flightcase, very nice
    What headphones do you use ? They look like Sennheiser HD 280 pro's. Do you like them ?
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP