VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Genius work.!

i fucking love you. good work man.

Holy shit!

Sweeet!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

Talking New 1.3.3 (final?) version is here!

Ok, here is a new version of the firmware, this time I integrated almost all the requests I received.

I still don't know if improving the jog wheel resolution really helps as I'm not into scratching, and I didn't get any feedback. It may be more sensitive to vibrations as it's more precise. That's why I included two different firmware files, one with improved jog wheel resolution and the other without.

Enjoy!

DaveX

Features (new features since 1.3.2 are in bold)

• 4x Pitch faders resolution
    • 4x Jog wheels resolution
    • "Play" buttons (VCI-100 SE mapping) could be lit using MIDI out messages
    • Left sync button behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle)
    • Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC signal along with one for each side
    • A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
    • Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post
    Ok, here is a new version of the firmware, this time I integrated almost all the requests I received.

I still don't know if improving the jog wheel resolution really helps as I'm not into scratching, and I didn't get any feedback. It may be more sensitive to vibrations as it's more precise. That's why I included two different firmware files, one with improved jog wheel resolution and the other without.

Enjoy!

DaveX

Features (new features since 1.3.2 are in bold)

• 4x Pitch faders resolution
    • 4x Jog wheels resolution
    • "Play" buttons (VCI-100 SE mapping) could be lit using MIDI out messages
    • Left sync button behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle)
    • Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC signal along with one for each side
    • A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
    • Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)
    This is awesome! I can't wait to try this out. I will be testing it soon and after doing so I will make a modified version of the most current VCI-100 mapping (3.5.2) to reflect the changes in this firmware so those who upgrade can experience the improved VCI-100 functionality.

And for those wondering, DJTT has been in communication with DaveX regarding firmware modifications. We're just so happily surprised that all our requests were implemented so quickly! Three cheers for DaveX.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'll go ahead and ask the question. Is there any way this firmware can damage the VCI or render it inoperable? No offense DaveX, it's just that your first post to the forum is such a huge deal and almost seems to good to be true. And we all know that things that seem to good to be true usually aren't.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Now I'm silently cursing that I ordered my VCI-100 too soon. Had I been a month later, perhaps it could have come standard with DaveX's firmware installed.

I'll go ahead and ask the question. Is there any way this firmware can damage the VCI or render it inoperable? No offense DaveX, it's just that your first post to the forum is such a huge deal and almost seems to good to be true. And we all know that things that seem to good to be true usually aren't
    I feel your worries, photojojo. I hang around on quite a lot of forums and sometimes you do wonder at a poster's credibility when he / she has a virtually nil postcount or has a very recent joining date.

Nothing personal, DaveX and it seems that you've been most helpful and knowledgeable. Guess your work will give the VCI-100 a greater boost to what Ean and buddies have already done. Vestax should pay you guys!
    Last edited by The Progen; 08-18-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Know thy music ...

sometimes you do wonder at a poster's credibility when he / she has a virtually nil postcount or has a very recent joining date.
    The DJTT staff are all over testing this, so wait for our reports unless you are confortable with reflashing microcontrollers, in which case join us in testing!

Nothing personal, DaveX and it seems that you've been most helpful and knowledgeable. Guess your work will give the VCI-100 a greater boost to what Ean and buddies have already done. Vestax should pay you guys!
    That's what we keep saying. Without these mappings, do you think the VCI-100 would have a cult following and a hugely increased lifespan? From Vestax's side, however, their older products eclipsing their newer ones (like VCI-300) is not good business for them. Turnover is what they want - they want you to try the new hot hardware each season. So, IMO, it seems we are at an impasse - some parts good, some parts bad, zero sum.

The move to proprietory interface, HID-based controllers, however, is a different matter. Nasty for the homebrew world, bad for future proofing. There may well be more decompiling and hacking firmware in our futures.

Can we not switch back and forth between firmware versions with this one? If i install it and dont like it will i have to take it apart again and reinstall the old version to get the functionality i have now back?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    The DJTT staff are all over testing this, so wait for our reports unless you are confortable with reflashing microcontrollers, in which case join us in testing!
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying or hinting anything negative (directly or otherwise). I myself wouldn't hesitate from version 1.3.1 onwards had I the firmware upgrade kit on hand. Besides that, my VCI-100's all disassembled and the top cover's back in the sprayshop after a slight incident tore off the initial paint.

I'm definitely not a programmer so in layman's speak, would increasing the resolution of the pitch faders allow them a wider range of tempo changes or make them more sensitive in real world usage? I noticed that the current bpm changes are around + / - 0.10+ with each nudge.
    Know thy music ...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast