VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

If this means the VCI 100 can have near enough the jog wheel scratch sensitivity as the VCI 300 then I'm going to be all over this firmware. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the weekend in order to upgrade. Can Ean and the crew perform the upgrade and report back as to me this sounds like front page news! I remember when every VCI 100 owner was pining for 1.4 firmware from Vestax/Ean and now it seems we may finally have our wish from DaveX (who needs more than a Nobel Peace Prize if he has vastly improved the VCI 100). I also think a Youtube comparison video on 1.3 vs 1.3.onwards firmware needs to be done, so we can digitally hear and see the differences in pitch and jog wheel sensitivity. All in all, great work and I salute you, DaveX.

Tech Mentor

aarggghhhh!!!! i was gonna do this tomorrow and have been reading up how to flash.as i bought my vci as a 1.3 im guessing that i would have to buy a firmware kit.can someone let me know if this is the case as i will have to order one.thanx

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes you will need the firmware kit.

http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

Sounds like you already know where the threads are.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

thanx.hope this comes good photojojo.coz im gonna have pristine faders and jogs nowthis would be the icing on the cake.

So incredibly glad I accidentally ordered a firmware upgrade kit with my vci-100. now to dig it out of my garage o_o;

Great work DaveX, really looking forward to hearing back from the DJTT crew on these changes

Sorry to sound like a noob as this is way over my head, but will the higher precision mean more midi messages and possibly more pops and crackles from midi overload?

I'll wait for the tests but this is exciting stuff...
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Mentor

Another thing which needs confirming is will Traktor be able to utilise the higher performance jog and pitch faders? As with the VCI 300, doesn't the Itch software allow the jogs and faders to utilise the 14bit precision? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tech Convert

Edit: I thought there may be a problem with left sync led in 1.3.3 but after testing everything's right!

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Sorry to sound like a noob as this is way over my head, but will the higher precision mean more midi messages and possibly more pops and crackles from midi overload?
    Short answer: No. The maximum frequency of midi messages on 1.3 firmware is achieved when you scratch/seek on both jog wheels at the same time. This frequency doesn't increase in 1.3.x, but the relative value sent in the midi messages is more precise. So if you're able to scratch on 1.3 without and pops and crackles, you shouldn't have any problems with 1.3.x.
    Another thing which needs confirming is will Traktor be able to utilise the higher performance jog and pitch faders?
    Yes, Traktor is able to use both signals at high precision, I tested it and it works just fine.
    Last edited by DaveX; 08-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Tech Wizard

Default Help!

Hi DaveX,

I'm going to try this firmware upgrade tonight but reading the text file about changing the Traktor mappings, I was wondering if you could explain further (maybe step by step if poss). e.g.:

How to:

1) Remap your controllers:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4 when using the high precision file

I am not an expert in the midi mappings so if you could help with this it would be appreciated as I am DJing tomorow night.

Thanks

with updates and improvements like these the VCI 100 could become the sl1200 of controllers
    vci 100 arcade fw 1.4
    twitter.com/nateboogee

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast