Help/Advice for new Macbook Owner

Default Help/Advice for new Macbook Owner

Well i just switched over to the dark side . Just got my macbook last night and I can't wait to get started transferring my music etc.

Just Wondering if anyone has advice for adapting to mac from windows and any must have apps for OS X?

Looking forward to the Responses!

App zapper for removing apps it is a paid app but removes every part of the app or you could acquire it from a third party i love it because i love to keep my mac nice and clean :P , Take a look at the windows-mac tutorials on the apple website " http://www.apple.com/au/findouthow/mac/#switcher " but you probably wouldn't need to use that unless your completely lost, hmmm Whats in my dock thunderbird which is the email client from mozilla, Transmission which is a lite bit torrent client, stuffit expander for rar files and stuff, Handbrake for ripping dvd's, and the rest of my dock is probably irrelevant to this topic.

Is there anything else your not sure on?
    Last edited by DJMilk3y; 08-17-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually hunting for an audio player as a replacement for iTunes since there are certain tracks i wouldn't want in my iTunes database such as mixtapes

I dont use itunes i just use Traktor for organising and listening to music but ive been eyeing off pioneer's new software rekordbox just for organising music but i havn't tried it out, its free though and could be very useful if you play out or if your mates have cdj 900/2000's
    Last edited by DJMilk3y; 08-17-2010 at 11:04 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Heatwave View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually hunting for an audio player as a replacement for iTunes since there are certain tracks i wouldn't want in my iTunes database such as mixtapes
    Don't put the mix tapes in itunes and just use quicktime to play them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Don't put the mix tapes in itunes and just use quicktime to play them.
    or vlc (another must have app )
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Monolingual. Gets rid of a few GB of foreign language support.

Thanks all!

Found a decent replacement for iTunes called songbird. It Imports the iTunes database at every start up so it kills two birds with one stone. So i can keep my iTunes strictly as my traktor database and use that library within songbird as well as mixtape tracks etc.

Definitely gonna look at monolingual