Digital Video Creations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Digital Video Creations

I've been DJing for years and gone through many softwares for the audio creation/sync'ing such as Ableton, VirtualDJ, Traktor Pro, Torq, MixMeister plus a few others.

However, I'm now looking to create some visualisations to go with my music. I just want to create some simple videos/backdrops but no idea where to start.

Basically, I just want to create something in the same style-ish as 2 Many DJ's use in this video. It's basically captures of song covers/videos and edited using something for some movement to bring them a bit to life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrzgCC0lus&feature=fvst

Any ideas????
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Convert

All the 2 many DJ's work is a post production jobs with After Effect (Adobe) and edited on Finalcut(Apple) or Vegas(Sony).
    After that, they burned somes DVD for mix with DVJ (pioneer).
    But it's possible to mix with Serato scratch live with VideoSL plug in.
    Always too many cables...

http://www.recycleye.com/
    Music Video Inspiration

I've got a few images etc to maipulate for my tracks. And am intending on using Photoshop and After Effects to manipulate them. I was also intending on using Vegas Pro to 'create' a video for each track then so they all have audio and video.

Now, just want to figure out how to DJ with them!? I know the pro's use DVJ1000's with a SVM-1000 mixer, but unfortunately I do not have £10,000 to spare in my back pocket!

Any cheaper alternatives? Much cheaper! I have a high spec PC, laptop and a VCI-100, so something where I do not need to buy any more hardware would be good!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

After effects is the way to go, you can do anything. Ive been using it for 14 years now and have to say if you can think it, there really isnt anything stopping you from making it.
    Do the tutorials and youll be able to figure some things out quickly. Also doesnt hurt to learn some 3d software, many tools can be found in most 3d packages which offer things to manipulate 2d images.

Its nice to see peoples motivation to make custom visuals... youll get over it one day as youll notice no one really cares except for the stoners stuck to the wall or couches. So keep in mind that less is more... higher contrast will create more light fx with the beamer and the fog/smoke

Tech Guru

yeah get the adobe stuff; after effects, photoshop, illustrator and flash

also get cinema4D for 3d, i hear it integrates really well with after effects.

Tech Guru

i have no idea what a cheaper alternative to dvjs would be, but you could probably create similar effect using a vj software like resolume and routing it to ableton or traktor. what you want to do is pretty simple, and unless you want to scratch the videos Mike Relm style, dvjs seem a little bit unnecessary.

If I could route it and link to Traktor in some way it'd be perfect as my preferred DJ use is Traktor and my trusty Vestax VCI-100.

Tech Guru

well you can have parameters inside of traktor and resolume mapped to the same key/pad/knob/fader on your midi controller. so for example - say when you press play on a deck A in traktor, it will also play a video clip in resolume if they are mapped to the same button.

i'm pretty sure there are some other ways to do it too but i haven't dived into it too deeply myself yet.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 08-26-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Tech Convert

Yes you can link Traktor and Resolume avenue or modul8, but it work only with loops, you can't do timecode synchro for playing somes video clips.
    I would love to do that also with traktor and my VCI 100 se.
    Always too many cables...

http://www.recycleye.com/
    Music Video Inspiration

Check out Virtual DJ. Mixing videos is very intuitive and there are more transitions and video effects than Serato's video software.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast