TouchOSC - yea or nay?
    Tech Mentor

Default TouchOSC - yea or nay?

Is it cool enough to be worth the hassle? Have any of you used it?

i havnt used it. but i thing: yay

the only problem are touch sensitive sliders will jump if yo touch the wrong spot
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I don't like touch interfaces for music/djing. I like the real deal It's a feel thing.

Quote Originally Posted by oskars View Post
    I don't like touch interfaces for music/djing. I like the real deal It's a feel thing.
    i agree with this, but unlike most, touch osc has potential and is fully customizable, so its the one exception. although i dont think it any good for pro usage
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I think it's a visual novelty.
    But keep in mind the early silicone breast implants did not feel like the modern fake boob. Or so i'm told ;p

i use it when im just messing around at home. i would love to use it out but the wifi connection isnt too reliable. i use it with an ipod touch with some xy pads.

I see the potential, but it's going to be a looooong time for touch screen interfaces for DJing matures to the point to where people like us see practicality to it.

That see-thru thing making the rounds on the internet the last few weeks is the closest thing to a practical application of a touchy-but-no-feely interface, mostly due to the size of it. Thing is huge, and big controls is a part of what's going to be necessary for this kind of thing to take off.

I'd play on a touch screen interface, but I'm going to feel silly trying to do it on a screen as small as the Lemur or iPad has.

Tech Wizard

I use it.... I DJ 7hrs a night, it gets used to press "play" when i need a drink or a break.