best sounding analog 4 channel dj mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default best sounding analog 4 channel dj mixer

I think the title says it all....

..I'd like to get some of your opinions on analog dj mixer (basic) (eqs / volume faders /master /cue<>master / line selection) - no whistles and effects - sound quality is the most important part for me. found this

http://www.rodec.com/ MX2200

but it is kinda pricey.... I know a&h cant be the only ones for under 1k or are they?

I always LOVED the sound of the Vintage Urei rotary mixer with the optional EQ box. Note not the reissue soundcraft one.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Sorry, didn't notice price was an option. You should never have "best" as a modifier when price is an option unless you specify your range.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I'm using this one: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...o_shmz1200.asp

If you shop smart, it's out there for about 450 euros. It's a great solid piece of equipment, all be it the knobs are a little on the small side compared to pioneers.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

the allen and heath xone 42 retails at like 600 euros i think, its a quality piece of kit as you can expect from a&h
    MBP 13'' - VCI 100 SE - Audio 2 DJ - Traktor Pro 2 - Akai LPK25 - Traktor Scratch Pro - Audio 8 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/prcll

Ecler are known for sound quality and I'll vouch for it. The Nuo 4s go for good prices used, too.

I'll take anything in the Nuo series over anything in the Pio DJM series for sound. They're big, warm, full, and handle well when one unwittingly pushes them into the red. They actually have more input/output options than the DJMs as well.

The full-kill EQs with big, fat luxurious knobs are heavenly. Unlike a lot of isolators on other mixers, these have a very nice and gentle roll-off/on.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Sorry, didn't notice price was an option. You should never have "best" as a modifier when price is an option unless you specify your range.
    budget is probably around 800 i dont mind if its used, im getting rid of my korg zero 4 got audio 8 so i wont be needing it anymore etc it was great but sound is rather "cold" on it at least compare to some a&h.....

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    I'm using this one: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...o_shmz1200.asp

If you shop smart, it's out there for about 450 euros. It's a great solid piece of equipment, all be it the knobs are a little on the small side compared to pioneers.
    I looked at that technics mixer years ago, how is sound quality ? did you ever had a chance to closely compare it with others?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Ecler are known for sound quality and I'll vouch for it. The Nuo 4s go for good prices used, too.

I'll take anything in the Nuo series over anything in the Pio DJM series for sound. They're big, warm, full, and handle well when one unwittingly pushes them into the red. They actually have more input/output options than the DJMs as well.

The full-kill EQs with big, fat luxurious knobs are heavenly. Unlike a lot of isolators on other mixers, these have a very nice and gentle roll-off/on.
    this mixer looks great, def thinking about it i wonder how does it compare to xone42

Tech Wizard

I think it will really come down to ah42 or ecler 4.0 decisions, decisions

correction...after reading few reviews 42 is out instead we have 62...
    Last edited by peteone; 08-22-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast