Does the vci 300 now work with traktor?

Default Does the vci 300 now work with traktor?

Ok i heard awhile ago the vci 300 did not work with traktor due to 16 bit midi or something,just wondering has this problem been fixed at all?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's some VCI-300 Traktor mappings on the site. Search is your friend.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

oh i was not looking for mappings i was just wondering had the problem been fixed before i go get hold of one

Tech Guru

It works. Here's a little background and where we are now.

Previous versions of traktor did not support 14 bit midi. DJTT had a midi "converter" (I forgot the name) that would downgrade them to 7 - but that went away and the VCI-300 movement lost steam. Current versions do support 14 bit, except for the jogwheels. BUT Zac Kyoti came up with a pretty good mapping trick to get them to work as good as they do on the VCI-100. I think they work a tad better because they are larger, but honestly they do not work anywhere near as good as how they function in itch.

So recently a few of us have been toying around with some mappings. There's a decent one up that will give you the basic functionalities. The problem with the 300 is that it does not have enough knobs and buttons to fully use all of traktor. You really need another peice of hardware like an X1 to the most out of traktor.

Does it work. Yes.
    We need some better more creative DJTT mappings though.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

o yeah i seee the whole button problem but i allready have a xone 1d i use for efx units so thats not a problem,i am itching (sorry) to try out itch software but i love traktor and i dont scratch so hopeing jogs wont effeect me to much and of course if i do get one this week (in the process of a deal) i will make a mapping as nothing can be as hard as it was to map the apc40 in traktor