Numark Mixtrack + Audio 2 DJ = Record?

Default Numark Mixtrack + Audio 2 DJ = Record?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a very simple setup that will allow me to use my mp3 collection and laptop to mix tracks and record my mixes. I have no access to controllers and i/o cards locally so will be purchasing online and I want to get it right.

If I purchase a Numark Mixtrack, Audio 2 DJ and Traktor Pro will that give me all of the inputs and outputs necessary to mix tracks directly from my laptop, cue in headphones and record the session?

In particular what's confusing me is the ability to record. Would the internal soundcard of my laptop perform this function. Or do I absolutely have to purchase an Audio 4 DJ?

Thanks very much. Fantastic community here.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The English Hacker View Post
    If I purchase a Numark Mixtrack, Audio 2 DJ and Traktor Pro will that give me all of the inputs and outputs necessary to mix tracks directly from my laptop, cue in headphones and record the session?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by The English Hacker View Post
    In particular what's confusing me is the ability to record. Would the internal soundcard of my laptop perform this function. Or do I absolutely have to purchase an Audio 4 DJ?

Thanks very much. Fantastic community here.
    With Traktor Pro you can record from directly within the software, no external hardware required.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks for the quick response photojojo. That's great news!