Beat grid ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beat grid ?

Tech Guru

Default Beat grid ?

I was just watching the video on beat grids in T3 by Ean on You Tube..Great and thanx
    I was just curious how one would do a beatgrid if all the sound is perfect with the grid and then about 3/4th the way down the track changes because a bad edit or something throws off that section. I think if I shifted all the song, it would affect all the song grid but what about from say the bad part on? Does one make a new grid marker or something? I hope you can understand me and what I mean..
    Thanks

Yes, you just need to simple add a new beat grid when the song messes up. Line it up and you should be good to go.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Guru

thanks..it would be like two songs in one as far as grids go.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just so you're clear, that second grid does not have a new BPM. It still has the original BPM, as Traktor does not recognize more than one BPM per son. There are just two grids down.

Another option, something I've done a few times, is to load the track into a WAV editor and cut out the bad parts. Just an idea.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Or ableton warp.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

indeed. warp warp warp. Ableton offers a 14 day free trial every 3 months or so that allows you to use and save all functions.

so instead of purchasing the $400 just to warp, if you haven't already like many including myself, put all your files that need warping in a file (or make a list) somewhere then bust them out when the offer rolls around!

Tech Guru

I'm confused. You mean what I do to my tracks in Ableton, warp etc. ., will stay and work in Traktor, or do you mean dj with Ableton?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

claudek, when you use the warp feature in Ableton, as far as I know, it alters the physical track, so it is permanently warped. So yeah, then you can move it into Traktor and it should hold to that warp.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Warping tracks in Ableton does not physically alter the original file. This is the method I use:

1: select desired track and place it in an Ableton channel.
    2: Warp said track as desired setting Ableton's tempo to the same as the origional track and using the metronome
    3: create a second audio channel in Ableton.
    4: route the 2nd channel's audio input directly from the channel containing your track.
    5: hit record on channel 2 and dub directly from channel 1.
    6: when your new warped file is created (as an AIFF or WAV file) hit save, then right click->show in browser. In the Ableton browser right click>show in finder for mac or "show in Explorer?" for windows.
    7: rename your file as desired and move it to your crate.

Sheph.
    Last edited by Sheph; 11-21-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Tech Guru

so, if one does all that work and then re-loads this track (warped) into Traktor, it will be 100% syncable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast