arcade buttons temporarily not working
    Tech Guru

Default arcade buttons temporarily not working

this was kinda odd. was setting up my gear at around 20:00 to 21:00 and noticed that the arcade buttons were somewhat unresponsive. it seemed to be worse on some buttons, with some of the buttons almost never working and others working most of the time. however hitting the buttons harder and straight from the top seemed to improve things, but even doing that it seemed that the behavior was inconsistent (aka hitting the button the same time 10 times would result in 3 hits being registered etc.). i checked with midi monitor and it confirmed this behavior outside of traktor pro.

this was in switzerland, but on a fairly hot day. however it didnt rain that day and i was inside. the door was open though. just saying this because while there was humidity, i am sure anyone in florida would be exposed to much worse. i decided to give it a rest and when i was looking to start 2 hours later (the equipment was hooked up the entire time) everything was dandy and i didnt notice any issues the entire night.

strange ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I really don't think it's the weather. Over here in tropical Malaysia (and Singapore where I grew up) we have arcade machines getting direct sun for a few hours each day and those Sanwas work fine. Plus they're rather simple inside, just a button, housing and microswitch below sending all the hits down the wires.

Could it be anything to do with your USB cable or ports?
    Know thy music ...

Tech Guru

well the USB cable is also new, actually its one of the DJTT gold thingi's. but i used the same cable at home for a few weeks.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Anything else that's not usually connected sharing any of the ports that night? A few years back when I was using Traktor Scratch, I got this horrible audio glitch happening every few minutes and it turned out that it was an external USB powered 2.5" drive causing it.
    Know thy music ...

Tech Guru

nope. just my audio2dj (at home i use an AK1) and the vci-100. i did turn off wifi. bluetooth was on though. then again this is the current top of the line macbook pro (i7 cpu, 8gb ram, 512GB ssd).

Whilst that notebook seems pretty slick, specswise, it's not about your hardware. It's about how these wireless technologies' default modes work. Always snooping around for more wireless friends.
    Know thy music ...

Could've been the USB port that you had the VCI connected to.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Guru

well when i test at home i not only use a bluetooth mouse, but i am also connected to the internet via wifi. as for USB ports, had them hooked up on the same ports as at home as well. so the only real difference is the soundcard A2DJ at the gig vs. AK1 at home. but either way .. without any changes it worked 2 hours later. so weather seemed to be the only factor .. but sure if this happens again i will also disable bluetooth.

Since you're using a portable Mac, could it have anything to do with the USB ports?

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/07/1...rt-inequality/
    Know thy music ...