Any controller with Split-ear cueing function at all????

Default Any controller with Split-ear cueing function at all????

My club has purchased the Vestax VCI-300 controller. Since it has the sound card built in, I'm really missing the split-ear cueing feature that's on most of the analog mixers.

When I do an actual mix, instead of listening to an external monitor on one ear and the next source on the headphone, I'm really used to hearing them split-mono on separate ears using the headphone.

Does anyone know how to make the VCI-300 do this task? There is a button that will change what's heard on the headphone to either Cue or Master but when these two are mashed together in stereo, it's kind of hard to tell the cued source from the master. I need to have the two sounds on separate ears, not mixed together.

I can also confirm that the Hercules RMX and the VMS4 have the same problem (even though VMS4's website specifically states it will do split-cue).

I believe it's all hardware-dependent, not mappable through VDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Jason_Rage View Post
    My club has purchased the Vestax VCI-300 controller.
    like, the club you work at, or YOUR club?

i read that and was like wuuuuuutt????

as for the issue, i have no idea, sorry
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Does it matter whether it's MY club or not? I guess it's the club I work for

I believe the new Denon controller coming out will do split cueing.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Ya, I'm now waiting for the Denon.

Unfortunately, the VMS4 seems to be manufactured by the same engineer/factory as the wording on the features on the specification sheet is nearly identical:

See http://www.vms4dj.com/features_uk.html
    Split cueing headphones with rotary mix control

http://www.denondj.com/DN-MC6000-P125.aspx#
    Split Cue function with Cue/Master pan knob

I hope Denon doesn't f*ck up like VMS4.

i was asking because a digital dj buying a controller for the clup he owns is really different than a club buying a controller

w00t cool club owners ftw
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

All I know is the Denon has a dedicated button for split cueing, I can't seem to see one on the VMS4 as their web site picks suck.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Pretty sure the xone:XD has split cueing

...i'll be able to confirm as mine is due to arrive in the next hour or so! :-)
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS