Midi Fighter & VCI-100SE
    Tech Wizard

Default Midi Fighter & VCI-100SE

Quick question? Is a Midi fighter a good companion to a vci-100se? I find hitting the lower cue buttons on my vci is a little cumbersome (should have got the arcade edition) thoughts / Opinions? I also thought about the traktor controller x1 andy thoughts?

Thank You
    Russ
    Macbook Pro 15" i7, VCI-100 SE, Traktor Pro, Audio 4 DJ

i've been using a vci-100 and a pair of midifighters lately. they go great together!

Quote Originally Posted by doubtdoubtdoubt View Post
    i've been using a vci-100 and a pair of midifighters lately. they go great together!
    d

what .tsi file are you using?

which tsi?

just the most recent djtt vci mapping (with the glitch fix) and the deckalized map. haven't encountered any conflicts yet.

i mostly spin jungle and breakcore though, so i don't use a whole lot of effects. i mostly use the midifighters for chopping and cue juggling, and the vci as a mixer and cueing tool. i don't use fader fx mode nearly as much as i would with slower, less dense styles.

when spinning old electro or breaks, for instance, i find myself using the midifighters less and the vci more. the midifighters come in handy for creating fill patterns (and the sweeping filter on the deckalized map is a ton of fun on slow styles) and the sampler setting is a lot easier to negotiate than on the vci map in my opinion (i have big hands).

depending on your style, you could likely have just as much fun with one midifighter as opposed to two. i just like spreading my fingers across both slicer rows and really destroying break patterns. tons of fun!

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by doubtdoubtdoubt View Post
    which tsi?

just the most recent djtt vci mapping (with the glitch fix) and the deckalized map. haven't encountered any conflicts yet.

i mostly spin jungle and breakcore though, so i don't use a whole lot of effects. i mostly use the midifighters for chopping and cue juggling, and the vci as a mixer and cueing tool. i don't use fader fx mode nearly as much as i would with slower, less dense styles.

when spinning old electro or breaks, for instance, i find myself using the midifighters less and the vci more. the midifighters come in handy for creating fill patterns (and the sweeping filter on the deckalized map is a ton of fun on slow styles) and the sampler setting is a lot easier to negotiate than on the vci map in my opinion (i have big hands).

depending on your style, you could likely have just as much fun with one midifighter as opposed to two. i just like spreading my fingers across both slicer rows and really destroying break patterns. tons of fun!

good luck!
    how are you using them both at the same time? are you switching .tsi files in traktor during your sets?

"how are you using them both at the same time? are you switching .tsi files in traktor during your sets? "

nope. i believe i used the BIG import button at the bottom of the controller manager to load the vci map, and then used the little "add" dialog at the top of the manager to load the "deckalized" midifighter map.

the deckalized map is made for two midifighters, so all you have to do is tell the manager which usb ports to listen on, and you're good. just watch the deckalized tutorial video!

have fun!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

also that.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    ty