HDJ-1000 Cracks A Lot?
    Tech Guru

Default HDJ-1000 Cracks A Lot?

I am about to pickup a good pair of DJ headphones I have always wanted a pair of HDJ-100's just because I don't know really. I like Pioneer they make great products but I hear a lot of people complain that they crack at the hinge. Is this something that happens after a short amount of time or are these just people who play out 2-3 nights a week or more and get A LOT of use out of them? Anyone who owns a pair let me know what you think thanks again guys/gals. Also I know a lot of people will recommend I instead get the HD-25's but those our out of my price range as of right now and I'm not sure when I'd have the extra 70$ to pick them up. Thanks again.

Tech Mentor

Definetely they will crack, i use for two years, couple of times a week and they cracked without abuse. In the nightclub that i work, they bought a couple and one lasted 3 months and the other around six months. get the hd-25īs or save money for the pioneer hdj2000. Those are impresive (I own) and i donīt feel they will break ever.

Tech Guru

That's what I was afraid of. I will have to hold off and wait to get the HD-25's. Thank you for the reply.

I know people who have had them and used them for years and no problem (although I hear the earcup pad starts to wear thin) and others who have had to replace it several times in a year. Sometimes it depends on the usage and sometimes just on the pair. 2000s are super sturdy.

I've had them myself. Luckily the first time they cracked my warranty was still valid and I got a replacement pair - the second time not so lucky. Have since had Audio Technica ATH-700 pro, BeyerDynamic DJX1 and HD-25s. The Audio Technica's sounded nicest but for sheer durability you can't go past the HD-25. It really boils down to the type of plastic used in the headband; it seems to flex continually without fatiguing and the light weight is a big bonus.

The HDJ-2000s are beautiful though and I wouldn't mind giving them a go. Frightening price point though.
    A&H XoneX, Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.2, Oyaide NEO Class A USB Cable

Tech Guru

Yeah after really reading into the HD25's II I have decided to go with them. If just for the fact that most if not all of the parts are user replaceable. Thanks for all the help in deciding which pair to get I just need to hold off the urge to go out and buy the HDJ-1000's I need to save some more money.

Tech Guru

I am happy to say I just placed my order for a nice new pair of HD-25's. Now it's time to save up for a Maschine or some other fun gear. Can anyone suggest a good equalizer?