Arcade Buttons stop working when i re attach back plate

Default Arcade Buttons stop working when i re attach back plate

Ok....

So it's taken about three days of my life to try and do this arcade mod... and i sort of want to kill myself...

So all the buttons seem to be working now, did the FW upgrade to 1.3, imported latest tsi.

Basically, when I reattach the back plate to the vci, the buttons stop working.

With the back plate off when i test the buttons they all work fine, super responsive etc.

Could it be the direction of the diodes are wrong? that's the only thing i can think of...

Any help greatly appreciated
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Found a pretty ghetto solution... i lined the inside of back plate with newspaper. seems to have solved it.

Odd though cause all the wires were well soldered and I used shrink wrap...

anyway, am actually starting to have a proper go and loving the arcade buttons and SE mapping.

Hopefully no more issues...
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sounds like the buttons are touching the case when you put it on and shorting out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

yeah but they are proper covered in shrink wrap...

defo no metal exposed.

newspaper seems to have solved it.

arcade buttons are amazing...