Hercules DJ Console MKII mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Hercules DJ Console MKII mod

I have been at DJ Techtools for a while now and now it's time to make my first post!

Djing is something I do for fun and I would like to take it to the next level with a better controller.
    I own a Hercules DJ Console MKII right now, but would like to modify it to my own likings. There is no plan for the layout yet. I did some research on the inside and found out it uses membrane switches. Is it possible to short circuit the same signal by soldering a hardware switch, like a arcade button, on to the ground and signal? Or is there more to it?

To illustrate the board I made some pictures:

Attachment 3156
    Attachment 3158
    Attachment 3157

I would really appreciate your help to make my mod possible

whatever you do, don't cut the green wire!!!

kidding this is way above my head.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by siryellow1 View Post
    whatever you do, don't cut the green wire!!!

kidding this is way above my head.
    I've been asking around. It is possible to just use the same contacts and solder an arcade button onto it. If it works in the end, i just have to try out

It is, it can be tricky though. So if you haven't done something like it before, i would buy a cheap universal tv remote, they all pretty much use membrane switches, and practicing on that.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    It is, it can be tricky though. So if you haven't done something like it before, i would buy a cheap universal tv remote, they all pretty much use membrane switches, and practicing on that.
    I do know how to solder, but i have no knowledge of circuits. I've got an idea for the design, the current options of the controller are actually great for a midi fighter like layout!

I am thinking of two platters with 16 buttons in the middle, and four underneath each deck. I've got a A&H Xone:42 for the external mixing, so i can use the faders for effects, which will be on top of the deck, including the pots.

Tech Convert

I have been working on the design of my new controller. The only problem with the layout are the current faders, they are too small, I would like them slightly bigger. The current faders are 570mm and I would like them at an length of 8 or 9 centimeter. My current faders are 100k, does anyone have a good advise on new ones?

Here is my new design:

^ nice!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Convert

The jog wheels are made of two HDD platters with a 7" record clamped between them. I was wondering if it is possible to make the HDD platters touch sensitive so I can alter the function when i touch the jog wheel in the middle? Is there a solution for this idea? I do hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by waterresistant View Post
    The jog wheels are made of two HDD platters with a 7" record clamped between them. I was wondering if it is possible to make the HDD platters touch sensitive so I can alter the function when i touch the jog wheel in the middle? Is there a solution for this idea? I do hope so!
    cunductive paint on your vinyl migh help, although you might loose your much apprechiated vinly-feel :eek:

Tech Convert

I have the MK1 and I also want to do thing like that because those buttens works very bad.
    please picture all of your progress...
    how you soldering the arcade butten on that membrane switches?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast