Do any of you real DJ's play DJ hero?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do any of you real DJ's play DJ hero?

Last night i got to the stage where i wanted to throw my vinyls out the window as i was too drunk to beatmatch, and was making a fool of myself infront of friends.

So we took a walk down to tesco for some food and DJ hero was reduced to £35, and ive got to say i enjoyed rocking a single turntable untill the early hours of the morning.

do any of you guys have DJ hero? and wish to share your x360/PSN tags for high score sharing
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I bought it awhile ago and figured at a later point someone would make a mod where I could use it for something... mabey have it on the floor and use it with my foot.

I played it for 40 minutes.. but realized that Im not into this kind of gaming of timing and watching colored stuff fly at me.

Its just a game... And if it influences kids to start djing then thats awesome. Personally there is no difference the moment someone decides to start djing for whatever reasons.
    Over the years there are more and more djs.. and everyone has their own motivation for doing it.
    The same thing any kid experiences in DJhero when something neat happens is the exact same thing that any pro dj experiences... Its called music and having some influence on the outcome is no different.
    At this point/era of djing controllerism there is a very thin line between dj hero and what is happening in the dj booth for some of the software out there being used.
    I mean if you use AUTOSYNC, then really what the difference... the error factor is being removed and the dj experience is more user friendly. Im not trying to diss controlerism, Im just stating my opinion on how easy and simple it is to dj now with programs like traktor or serato itch. Its a great thing... for people who want to have a fast learning curve and get right to the fun stuff which originally required actuall hard work and for some like myself able to cross a gap which wasnt possible before... that being beatmatching...

So DJ hero is the future of djing, mabey not today, mabey not tommorrow.. but when all of you here that are new.. and have logged in 1000 hours of djing and are really great at your style or technique... Dont be suprized when the software and controllers are as simple as djhero and can rock the dancefloor as good as any dj... Its all about the music right, and wanting to become a Dj hero (no pun intended)

i've got dj hero on 360 (BradCee - how creative, lol), enjoy it for occasional mess abouts, but doesn't feel like i'm djing

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

if there was a way to use the vci 100 se to play Djhero, I might consider getting one. Lots of audio applications are already crossed over into video games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UekzJclnpM8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQHsd5UWFg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIwZ...eature=related

DJ Hero is exactly what it is... a game. Of course it's not going to be anything like real DJ'ing... is Guitar Hero anything like playing a real guitar? I'm sure that for DJ's, it's going to be hard to not criticize the game for how "real" the game feels and I can't blame anyone that can't get over using a plastic controller that has 3 buttons on the turntable platter, but if you can get over that aspect then you have yourself one hell of a game with an intense soundtrack consisting of a whole heap of crazy mashups.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Guru

i lack the attention span needed to appreciate videogames. usually get bored after 5-15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    DJ Hero is exactly what it is... a game. Of course it's not going to be anything like real DJ'ing... is Guitar Hero anything like playing a real guitar? I'm sure that for DJ's, it's going to be hard to not criticize the game for how "real" the game feels and I can't blame anyone that can't get over using a plastic controller that has 3 buttons on the turntable platter, but if you can get over that aspect then you have yourself one hell of a game with an intense soundtrack consisting of a whole heap of crazy mashups.
    I think how real djing feels is subjective with all of todays controllers. People who only use vinyl must have scoffed at the CDJ revolution for several reasons.. one that you can suddenly have music you dont physically own vs the vinyl making djs more unique. And now you have people with huge libraries with music they dont own being autosynced. Djhero is essentiall the same thing...
    Lets say traktor comes out with a new feature that blinks some button on a analyzed mp3 to let you when to hit the sample button. This wont be far away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH83YKbCouw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXdGo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Abk3...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNkj...eature=related
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 08-29-2010 at 06:55 PM.

I have not tried DJ Hero and I dont think I ever will lol

Quote Originally Posted by JazZmutant View Post
    I have not tried DJ Hero
    this. but i might try it as a joke
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Damn those kids haven't even learned to masturbate yet. :/

the ugly suckling thing is cool as shit tho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast