From PC to Mac!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From PC to Mac!

Default From PC to Mac!

since im still having some glitches with my PC (Windows 7) i've bought a new MAC probook I7 ( will be here thursday)I have a question, how do you copy all my beat gridded music over (mp3's, beatport, ect... "no i-tunes") from pc to mac? or if it's even possible to do so!!!

Tech Wizard

welcome to the most awesome computing experience you will ever have with that being said do you have an external drive? IF you do copy all you music to it and then transfer it to your mac, macs are much smarter then pc's and can read their filing system, it can even read ntfs, it just can not write to it.
    Macbook Pro 15" i7, VCI-100 SE, Traktor Pro, Audio 4 DJ

Quote Originally Posted by djscribe View Post
    welcome to the most awesome computing experience you will ever have with that being said do you have an external drive? IF you do copy all you music to it and then transfer it to your mac, macs are much smarter then pc's and can read their filing system, it can even read ntfs, it just can not write to it.
    No i dont, but i can buy one no problem!!! im not super computer savy so if you can steer me in the right direction that would be GREATY appreciated... thats why i posted this thread... i keep seeing FAT32 and NTFS, therefore im lost LOL.... i know just enough about computers to prolly get me in trouble.. and since im starting from scratch with a new MAC, which i know 0 about, just wanna make sure i start off by not screwing that one up too!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by djscribe View Post
    PS... all i have are mp3's and beatport files!!!!

Tech Wizard

how many mp3 do you have, depends on the size of the external hd you need to buy, after you buy it format it on your pc fat32 if you can and transfer all your music to it, then your done,plug it into your mac copy the files back and your done.

Tech Wizard

When I first got my Macbook 13.3, I got "MacDrive" installed on my pc. Formatted my ext hdd to Mac format and was able to copy my Traktor backup and mp3's to my new Macbook.

With having MacDrive installed on my pc, I'm able to read/write to the ext without having any issues.

If you have the incorrect formatting on the ext hard drive, then Traktor can't write any tags.

The best thing to do is upgrade the Mac's internal hard drive to the biggest it can handle and put all your Traktor/mp3's on it.
    MacBook 13.3/Behringer VMX-200/NI Audio 2 DJ
    NI Kontrol X1/Traktor1.2.4

Quote Originally Posted by R3clu23 View Post
    When I first got my Macbook 13.3, I got "MacDrive" installed on my pc. Formatted my ext hdd to Mac format and was able to copy my Traktor backup and mp3's to my new Macbook.

With having MacDrive installed on my pc, I'm able to read/write to the ext without having any issues.

If you have the incorrect formatting on the ext hard drive, then Traktor can't write any tags.

The best thing to do is upgrade the Mac's internal hard drive to the biggest it can handle and put all your Traktor/mp3's on it.
    i have gigs n gigs of music on an ext hard drive(windows OS)... however i only want the music that i have currently beat gridded, hot cued in traktor.. i only want the very few that ive already made folders in my traktor program upon start up in the uppper folders that ive aready hot cued and so forth forth in my windows system... is there not anyway just to get those not the whole ext hard drive and transfer to the MAC???

Tech Wizard

follow my instructions and your all good

Quote Originally Posted by R3clu23 View Post

ok, how is that done??? sorry for all the silly questions but this mac stuff is all new to me!!! do you do this on the mac itself?? its brand new and i dont want to start screwing it up with stuff i have no knowledge of!!! can you point me in the right direction? if i need an ext hard drive to accomplish this i will do so.

I upgraded my win7 machine to a new, traktor only win7 machine the other day.

Intalled traktor, moved all my mp3's across, no grids/cues/anything!

What you need to do is, along with your music, take the stripes and transients folder from here on your win 7 machine: Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor
    and dump them in the corresponding folder on your mac, along with all your tunes and possibly the settings folder and the traktor settings tsi too if you want to keep all your settings and controller mappings.

When you boot traktor you'll still have your old library with old path setup. You need to right click on the track collection and check consistency. It'll tell you it cant find your tracks, click the relocate button and point it to where your music is now stored.

jobs a good'un
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast