Echo Audio Indigo DJX Now Available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Echo Audio Indigo DJX Now Available

Have a PCI Express Card on your laptop?

Now you can free up a usb/firewire port with this sound card.

Im not saything this should replace you current sound card, but it make a nice addition to your setup as a back up soundcard.

I am an owner of the orignal Echo Audio DJ PCI and I didn't have any complaints. Latency was low and once in a blue moon I would have an audio drop out.

Now the bad news...(atleast for the time being)

Macbook Pro users...you have to wait, OS X is not supported (yet)

Following is taken from the Echo Audio Site...This info dropped 10/31/08

Finally an ExpressCard solution for the digital DJ. Indigo DJx offers two independent stereo 1/8 inch analog outputs; one for setting up your cue mix on a pair of headphones, and the other for the house mix. Each output features 24-bit/96kHz converters for the quality you deserve. Also included is a 6 foot audio cable for RCA or 1/4 inch connections.

A unique feature of the Indigo DJx is the use of "virtual" outputs. Indigo DJx appears to software as if it has eight separate outputs, which are digitally mixed down to the physical outputs using Indigo DJx's "console" software and its on-board DSP. This makes Indigo DJx compatible with all popular multi-track software. And, with Echo's "multi-client" drivers, more than one application (such as an editor and a software synth) can be playing back through Indigo DJx at the same time.

Hardware Features
    Software Features

2 independent stereo 1/8" analog outputs
    Preview cue mix on the headphone output while playing back house mix on the line output
    High quality headphone amp
    Analog volume control knob for headphone output
    Supports true 24 bit, 96 kHz audio
    High quality digital to analog converters
    Powered by your notebook computer
    Includes 6 foot adapter cable for RCA and 1/4" connections
    ExpressCard slot (34 mm or 54 mm) required
    Software console for metering and setting levels
    Supports Windows XP/Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
    Macintosh OS X support coming later this year
    Supports pro audio and DJ software - WDM Kernel Streaming, ASIO, GSIF (32-bit only)
    8 "Virtual Outputs" - run multiple applications at the same time
    Low-latency drivers
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

That is some fuckin good news! I've been email spamming them since they first promised to deliver it in february of 2008. I had the PCMCIA version of it and it was ASS KICKING good!

I'm so getting rid of my Audiofire2!
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

I loved my Indigo I/O pcmcia version, sold it awhile back when i got my A8DJ.... but now that i have no computers with an express card slot- looks like I'm out of luck with this latest version...

got an express card slot on my laptop, will definitely be considering this unit if i upgrade my BCD3000

could somebody please explain to me why this is better than a usb/firewire soundcard? i don´t really understand and i´m actually thinking about buying an edirol ua 25 soundcard. so please if this one here would a better option tell me....
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I would suggest this sound card as a back up or for someone that is on a budget....

1. Internal sound card (kind of being that it sticks out about 1" from your laptop)

2. Free's up a firewire (HARD DRIVE) - usb port (MORE MIDI CONTROLLERS)

3. 2 Channel for basic dj setup MASTER & MONITOR

4. Doesnt take alot of space and is portable compared to Audio 8 or Firebox, etc.

ah okay...hm. i will stick up with the edirol soundcard, cause i also want to record some stuff with my band...but thanks anyways
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

kool, just wanted to put the info here on DJ TT site being that we get alot of new dj's on a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by earl-panda View Post
    could somebody please explain to me why this is better than a usb/firewire soundcard? i don´t really understand and i´m actually thinking about buying an edirol ua 25 soundcard. so please if this one here would a better option tell me....
    one major benefit is there is no data cable to connect or external power.
    Also being plugged into the express port kind of hard-connects the device to the pci express bus in the system - kind of making it like an internal soundcard on a desktop pc, Solid as and you don't have to worry about usb bandwidth.

anybody using one of these echo express cards? i'm debating between this and the upcoming NI Audio2 DJ. besides cabbage ($$) any thoughts?

i'm not really short on usb ports either. i'm thinking the express card could eliminate any latency concerns that could come with usb bandwidth...

anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast