Will my MacBook blow up?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bowers90 View Post
    So Karlos are you saying just don't bother with the Screensaver? That would be a shame but it's not exactly the end of the world lol
    Yeah i didnt really notice that you were using the Screen-Saver thru the club HDMI.
    I thought you were concerned about leaving the Mac on without power saving.

Its an old habit of mine. Traktor advise was always to disable all power saving to prevent interruptions with playback.

But yeah, i never use a screensaver.

Tech Wizard

See I would but it's sound-responsive (Through the Mac) so it wouldn't work. I also wrote it in Quartz Composer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bowers90 View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, I tried it out last night... The heating situation was fine, but for some reason, despite being fine at home, my macbook couldn't handle running traktor and being connected to the bar's HDMI Hub at the same time and in the end the screensaver just kept shutting off so that was a bit of an epic fail lol
    The Graphics card needs to send the image to another screen which stresses the CPU Which would cause Traktor to malfunction.

Get a software or something that does the same, the software would be optimized to use minimal CPU while a screensaver would not because there is no need. Why? Its a SCREENSAVER, designed to be on when you aren't touching your mac.

Tech Wizard

Well like I said in various posts, it worked seamlessly at home... Cheers for the sarcasm though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12