will Seimitsu PS-14-KN work with midi fighters?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default will Seimitsu PS-14-KN work with midi fighters?

Id like to use clear buttons so I can put info in the button without having to use stickers... Does anyone know if these will work perfectly without modification?

Tech Wizard

Just make sure the seimitsu buttons are the same diameter as the sanwas and you souls be fine.

awesome... thanks!

Tech Wizard

If you want to take it a step further you can even install LEDs inside the buttons for extra eye candy

what does that involve though...? to install them? It sounds great.. Im just afraid that kind of stuff is over my head when it comes to using a soldering iron on a circuit board

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Found this on a gaming forum.

The Sanwa are very sensetive and even the slightest touch will get it off.

The Seimitsu uses a 2 step process instead, the button will be initiated when it is halfway down.
    But they look pretty bad ass when done right.

Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't think they'll work with a midi fighter. Might be able to make it work with an arcade VCI, but you would have to do your own holes.

The Seimitsu

Translucent Arcade pushbutton with slight convex plunger. Manufactured in Japan and equipped with short, non-clicking microswitch (PS-14G). Mounting diameter: 30 mm (1.181 inch). Overall diameter: 33 mm (1.3 inch), installation depth: ca. 34 mm (1.34 inch), breadth of the microswitch terminals: 2.8 mm (0.110 inch). Can be mounted in material with a thickness up to 9 mm (0.354 inch). Included are: button, securing nut and microswitch.
    The Sanwa

Arcade pushbutton with slight convex plunger. Manufactured in Japan and equipped with short, non-clicking microswitch (SW-68). Mounting diameter: 24 mm (0.945 inch), snap-in action (no thread, no screwing). Overall diameter: 27 mm (1.063 inch), installation depth: ca. 32 mm (1.26 inch), breadth of the microswitch terminals: 2.8 mm (0.110 inch). Can be mounted in material with a thickness from 2 to 4 mm (0.08 - 0.16 inch). Enclosed are: button and Sanwa microswitch.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I mainly want the button part... the ring doesnt matter to me if its opaque... Im just wondering what they used here

this one seems to have the same mounting diameter.. but also has this funky screw on cap
    mall Arcade pushbutton with slight convex and translucent plunger. Manufactured in Japan and equipped with short, non-clicking microswitch. Mounting diameter: 24 mm (0.945 inch), overall diameter: 26.8 mm (1.055 inch), installation depth: ca. 31 mm (1.22 inch), breadth of the microswitch terminals: 2.8 mm (0.110 inch). Can be mounted in material with a thickness up to 7 mm (0.276 inch). Enclosed are: button, securing nut and microswitch.

the only other solution which is just a workaround hack... would be to print some smaller circular things out.. and draw the symbol of what I would have put under the clear and laminate it and put some velcro on both sides... That way I could switch em easier... I only want simple toggling of on and off, but for epileptic style button mashing I would like to have symbols to show me if its a drump loop or vocal. This would also be a good way of getting UV colors in.
    Seems like modding just never ends

In the picture, i believe they are just the standard sanwa buttons. The center parts from black buttons, then the rings from different colored buttons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast