2 Hour Weekly Slot on a local Radio Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2 Hour Weekly Slot on a local Radio Station

Hey y'all!

So I lucked out and got a 2 hour weekly session on our local Radio Station here called MuthaFM.

It used to be a pirate station, but are in the process of going legal and have applied for a licence. During this time, they can not be pirating so have decided to go the Internet route.

So it will be a podcast type pre-recorded session.

Its 2 hours....which i feel is fucking long. If I have to play fresh\new music every week, I am gonna come short at some point.

So I have decided that I will do an hour session and then have a guest DJ mix for the last hour.

So, what I need from you guys, is a few mixes if you want to be heard.

It will be Electro House. No NOISE!!!

So if you want to be heard out here in SA, please PM me a link to you mix.

I will check em out and let you know if I will be using yours!

You will probably see a post like this weekly looking for that weeks mix.

I will post some details on where you can go to listen etc.

Thanks!

Sarasin

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I'll put one up later tonight defiantly
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Tech Mentor

maybe you also want some fresh tracks, if yes visit my soundcloud and message me if you are interesting in some tracks. =)

Tech Guru

PM Sent!
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

SWEET!

Thanks guys!

Yes, I have a stack of Electro House and Minimal type stuff.....but TBH...3/4 of it is SHYTE....and i won;t play it.

So yeah....I have a lack of tunes too.
    Will need to get onto Beatport and spend some time and coin.

But if you have something you want me to consider, please....it would be AWESOME!

I would like to play differant tracks every week, not sit with the same ol making it stale.
    So I think this is a cool opportunity to be heard and keep me flush with cool trax!

OK sweet....more to come!!

Oh.....their drops are super crap.....seriously.....i think i need to spice the session up with some proper drops to show em how its done!

Anyone?...ideas?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Mentor

dont feel like you need to play ONLY new music. feel free to include some old tracks just like if you were playing a club gig. just because it is older doesnt mean you cant play it out.
    i recently saw hawtin play a track that was almost a year old. if it is a top notch track, keep playing it, within reason.
    i will send you a link for the next set i do. gonna be a bit more deep. playin alot of bars lately so ive sort of headed that direction.

Congrats man. And much respect for showing some love and giving people from the forum a shot.

1st...love that radio station name lol!

Congrats man! P/Med you
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    dont feel like you need to play ONLY new music. feel free to include some old tracks just like if you were playing a club gig. just because it is older doesnt mean you cant play it out.
    i recently saw hawtin play a track that was almost a year old. if it is a top notch track, keep playing it, within reason.
    i will send you a link for the next set i do. gonna be a bit more deep. playin alot of bars lately so ive sort of headed that direction.
    Thanks. I actually meant new in the sense that its different from last weeks set. I am way to picky to be able to play only the latest shit. I like to spend time and find tracks for my sets. Agree with you totally. I have no problem playing an older track or three. Will put my own spin on it anyhow. Stoked. Getting excited now. Picked my track for next weeks set. Gotta submit it over the weekend.

I do an internet show fortnightly on Purple Radio (as does our favourite forumite, photojojo now) and that's comfortable in terms of playing both new and old tunes, though saying that I do play a fairly eclectic set of stuff.

I'm probably going to put together an hour of something bouncy/funky/breaky over the weekend - I'll punt it over and see what you think ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast