Which version of traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Which version of traktor

My controller is coming and I read it arrives with the version of Traktor LE.
    From what I read here, that is only a sample with minimal features. Then I saw on the website of NI that they offer a lot of version of Traktor. Such as Traktor 3, Traktor Pro, Traktor DJ studio, Traktor Scratch Pro, Traktor 1.2.6,etc, etc.

I am not planning to "scratch" at all because I cannot stand that noise. I also won't be using 4 decks ....yet as I am a beginner.

Which version of traktor would suit me best?

first to clear things up:

traktor 1.2.6 is the most current version of traktor pro

traktor 3 and DJ studio are really old versions of the program

traktor scratch pro is the same as traktor pro except the timecode is enabled.

traktor LE is a trial version of the full program, which can be upgraded to quite cheaper when possesing traktor LE

if you want only two decks and are not that much into effects try go for traktor duo

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...parison-chart/

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...parison-chart/
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Thanks for that chart, that is EXACTLY what I needed.
    and judging by the chart, traktor pro 1.2.6 sounds like the one that i like best.

One more thing, i might as well ask here is that, this whole "midi controller" name.
    Does it play "midis" because i'm positive it also plays mp3s, .flacs and what not. That is what I am confused with the most.

Furthermore, could you please be a good samaritan and define timecode for me?

haha i hope i am not asking for too much here.

MIDI refers to the control signal sent to and from your controller, not the file type. Traktor can handle mp3, wav, m4a and flac audio types. You should upgrade from LE to Traktor Pro as soon as possible, and you will receive a discount as you have a copy of LE already.
    Timecode refers to controlling the mix with either timecode vinyls or CD's as opposed to using a controller, but you wont have to worry about that seeing as you have a controller on the way Welcome to the forums btw
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

erm, midi is a communcation protocoll between controller devices (like the vci, a keyboard...), and no sound data.

traktor 1.2.6 is only the most recent version of traktor.

you still have to decide wheter you choose PRO, DUO, or Scratch.
    I'd also recommend you to go for traktor duo. comes with standard two decks and a bunch of basic effects. perfect for the beginner.

timecode is more or less a system to use your mp3s from your computer like vinyls.
    there are special control-vinyls, that send timecode signal from every turntable to your audio-interface.
    the signal is basically a sinus-wave, and the peaks are countes. due to the numer of peaks that are recieved by cour sound-card your computer can calculate the speed of your platters and the position of your track. (not too sure about the sinus-wave thing, but thats what i remember .. )

Tech Wizard

thanks for your explainations, derschaich and jesterNZDJ.

i know this might not be a place to ask this, but as a student who just dropped 700 on all this gear.....would a cracked version of traktor pro function the same?

Yes but just a heads up ... keep that to yourself around here. What controller did you buy?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

the VCI-100SE and the Audio Dj 2, after months of extensive research.

Oh and not to mention the Sony MDR-V6s that are also coming.

Good choices! great thing about the VCi is that there are heaps of guys and gals round here to help you with mappings, tips etc for that controller.

Quote Originally Posted by sunmoon View Post
    thanks for your explainations, derschaich and jesterNZDJ.

i know this might not be a place to ask this, but as a student who just dropped 700 on all this gear.....would a cracked version of traktor pro function the same?

if your spending that much on the VCI & Audio2, i personally wont use a cracked version... there are too many things i see with hacked software not working properly as the legal versions do. Plus you wouldnt be able to get software updates and such... its only an extra 130 bucks or so to upgrade to pro, which im sure after a while you would most likely end up doing so once you see how excellent traktor works with the hardware you have. just my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast