Ok now im confused!
    Tech Convert

Default Ok now im confused!

Ok whilst in the mix live on my radio show i had a glitch in my first mix. Sounded pretty bad on air just a guick mill-isecond freeze. Both tunes stayed in sync but through me on the mix. I recored this mix with the Traktor recorder and thought i would upload the snipit of the mix where the problem happend. This is the weired bit on listeng back to the recording there was no freeze. Im confused. I am using a Vestax VCI-100 SE and Traktor Pro on windows seven. I have uploaded the glitch file. I have had this problem a few times before. Is there something in the settings that i can fine tune to stop this. I do hope there is someone out there that can help me

Not sure what you mean by glitch - what sound card do you use and what driver and what latency settings?
    Sounds like thats the problem...
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Not sure what you mean by glitch - what sound card do you use and what driver and what latency settings?
    Sounds like thats the problem...
    Firstly thanks Nicky for your help on this matter. I am using a gigapot ag external soundcard. Not to sure what my latency setting are set at, i will need to check when i get home. But i am pretty sure the are set to the minimum settings i have not changed them since setting them up with the video tutorial that Ian put up. Is there a better setting or is it just a case of trying different ones.

I have uploaded snipits of the part of the mix where i had problems if you would like to hear what i am on about:

Without the glitch using the Traktor Recorder:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIZYTB8H

With the glitch using an external recorder(what was heard on air):
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8JVJ9U0

They are only small files less than 1mb.
    I do hope this helps make things clearer.
    Thanks again for helping.

Ive listened to it and it definetly sounds like a latency setting mate.

You say you have the latency set to minimum - thats probably the issue.
    Try increasing it and see if it fixes it...

So if it is 5 ms at the minute, change it to 10 ms and see if that helps. Then a bit more if not etc...

You may be able to change it directly in traktor in the audio settings tab - but if not you should have a program for your soundcard.

If that does not work let me know whether you are mac/pc and what operating system you are runnung.
    SC | MC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can check your latency in Traktor by clicking on the big gear logo to get to preferences, then going to Audio settings. I rum mine in the 10ms range and all is fine. The only reason you would need to go lower is if your doing a bunch of scratching.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thanks to Nicky and Photojojo. I have changed my latency settings from 5 to 11.3 and had a good mix using loads of effects just to get traktor really working hard and didnt seem to gt the problem. Really thankyou both for the help. This site is great.