Help with Vestax Typhoon

Default Help with Vestax Typhoon

Hi, I just bought a Vestax Typhoon and I am having a big problem getting audio out of my laptop's internal speakers. I'm running it with the included Traktor LE program. The Audio Device I'm using is "ASIO for Typhoon Driver". I'm running all of this on a PC, a Dell Latitude E6500 to be exact. I have the output routing set up correctly as mandated in the quick start guide that came with it. such as:

Output Monitor
    L3 : Out 2
    R4 : Put 3
    Output Master
    L1 : Out 0
    R2 : Out 1

My problem is that whenever I play a track in Traktor LE I can see the track playing as it should be but I can't hear any sound coming out of my laptop. I know the track's playing because when I plug my headphones into the Typhoon I can hear everything (minus the crossfader and faders and such). The audio output just simply won't play out of my laptop's speakers. The only thing I have plugged into the Typhoon is the usb cable and my headphones.

Can anybody please help me out? Is this a problem with Traktor LE, my setup, or my actual Typhoon controller? Oh, and I think it's not my laptop's soundcard because If I actually choose my laptop's soundcard in Tractor LE, I can hear what should be in my headphones ( track minus effects of the crossfader and faders) over my laptop's speakers. Thanks for any and all help!

*bump still need some help

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dont have Typhoon but it has an internal Soundcard ... yeah?
    Its playing out of that not your Laptop. If you can connect your Typhoon outputs to a stereo you will hear it.

I dont know if you can but to hear it out of the laptop you need to select the Onboard Soundcard (thats the Dell) in preferences.
    Problem is that Traktor only lets you select one soundcard so you will lose the headphone out on the vestax.

You really should follow the wiring diagram for the Vestax as it shows the connection from the soundcard to speakers (just looked)

Thanks a lot! I was worried that was my problem. I also tried ADIOS4ALL to no avail. I guess what I'll do is pick some speakers up along with an RCA cable. Thank you again for your help!!

If the speakers you buy only work using a 3.5mm stereo jack, buy one of these so that you can connect it to your typhoon. I use one with my Omni Control and it works great! Should save you some money too, as RCA speakers are quite expensive as far as i know... For good ones at least.