My Set up - VCI-100 adding kontrol x1 help.
    Tech Mentor

Default My Set up - VCI-100 adding kontrol x1 help.

Right, i've decided, the s4 isn't for me....and all the s4 software functions are going to be added to TP with an update next year anyway....so i went ahead and just ordered a kontrol x1, it'll be here at 1pm tomorrow! (can't wait)

My current set up, is a VCI-100, which i have modded with an overlay from DJTT, and i've also upgraded the firmware to 1.3, so it's pretty much a VCI 100SE!

Now, i'm using the DJ tech tools 3.5.2 mapping....is it going to be a massive head ache to add the kontrol x1 to the set up without having to spend weeks remapping it to a stable state?

I want to use the x1 to control decks c-d, will it be majorly hard to map the rotarys on the x1 to control the eq's on decks c-d instead of the effects, as i'm just gonna use the vci for that anyway!

I'd also like to map the two browser rotarys on the x1 to control the line faders on decks c-d....again, anyone able to tell me will this be massively difficult?

Tech Mentor

Okay....

got my x1....set it up, and it took a while to get running kinda right, but it did!

I'm using the DJtechtools 3.5.2 mapping....and i have the VCI set to decks C and D

The X1 is A and B

But im having some conflicts, and the midi stuff confuses the hell out of it!

anyone got any insight? anyone have this set up running perfectly that would like to share their TSI with me? PLEASE?

Tech Mentor

Okay....after MANY MANY cups of coffee, one sleep-less night.....and nearly pulling ALL my hair out, it's done!