mpd32 rotarys??

Thread: mpd32 rotarys??

Tech Mentor

Default mpd32 rotarys??

i've searched the web and checked the mapping editor intructions that came with it but cant find the answer.i've mapped it ok but want to know if the rotary encoders are able to not jump when i change banks,i-e when im in bank 1 the encoder is at 50% then when i change to bank b the same encoder that is mapped to a different setting/parameter jumps.i dont know if this is possible with the mpd32 but hope it is.if so how to go about it in traktor?

thanx

Try enabling soft takeover in your mappings.

Its not soft takeover you need. You need to map the controls as rotary encoders and tweak the sensetivity.

The way true rotary encoders work is they send out the same signal every time, normal controls send a midi note from 0 - 128.

I think theres a way of changing the mpd32's encoder type in the menu's/settings on the controller itself. You'll have to search the web or instruction manual for this though.

When you rotate the controller, does the little screen show an increasing/decreasing value? If so, i doubt theyre setup as rotary controls.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    You need to map the controls as rotary encoders
    and

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Try enabling soft takeover in your mappings.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud