Need Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!

Default Need Help!

Okay so i just picked up an vci-100 witht he firm ware upgrade and SE skin from a member here on the forum, I also picked up a numark IO just for messing around. I have a few questions though.

1. How do i load my itunes onto the traktor 3 demo?
    2. Will the 1.3 firmware work with traktor LE?
    3. How come when i am using the controller, it shows the controller is working but no sound is coming from my computers internals speakers, do i need to connect speaker to the numark IO, or does the headphone jack on my computer work? P.s. I have a black macbook.

I woujld really appreciate all the help, I want to get this thing running ASAP!

if you need more help give me a call.

1.3 works with le, but you only have control of master fx's not a/b/c/d decks

for the sound card set channel 1 & 2 to monitor & channel 3 & 4 to master on traktor.

the rca's in the middle are the monitor (ch 1 & 2) as well as the from 1/4" in the front labeled headphones

Last edited by JesC; 11-24-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

rtfm
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

rtfm?

I've been reading the forum and it's really hard to find specific info. JesC, should the output routing be set to internal or external, and should mono be on on the monitor? does booth or record need to be hooked up to anything? and what about the input routing?

I plugged my VCI in and it's not showing up in my midi interfaces...

and my last Q was for my data locations, is collections all my music? if so what is the itunes directory then and whats music folders? What should they all be set to?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Nate, rtfm is an abbreviated way of rudely saying that all of this stuff is in the manual, really. There is a point where we need to encourage people to learn this stuff on their own, instead of becoming a place where people come to ask the simple questions.

There's a manual where all this specific info is.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I did check the manual and it does not say anything about loading libraries. I did however get my vci to hook up, but no sound yet...

I can guarantee you that the manual talks about loading libraries, it has to.

And read the manual for your sound card. If you don't know how these things work you'll be asking questions every time something happens...

To get you started...

You need to use your Numark i/o to have your sound. If it's your default sound card then it would make no sense to run the sound through your headphone out. So you need to set the outs in Traktor and run the speakers through those connections on the sound card.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

It does say a few brief things about importing your library but I went through the steps and it's not working, and i understand about the sound card, i was just wondering if there is a way to get sound from the computer without it?

I have read the manual for both, just I don't know if i'm going through the right steps or if i'm missing something. Thank you for the help though i really appreciate it.

oh and thanks JesC for the unit, sorry about the inconvenience with coming down here, thanks a lot

on Item 3, Either:
    - you have not cranked up the volume knob,
    - your pc is on mute
    - your soundcard's got the mac jitters. de DJ|iO is known to to work that well, if at all, with a Mac machine.

This last one is the most probable. It looks like a typical case of buying the wrong soundcard for your setup mate.

Sorry for the late answer, but at the first few reads, I completely overread you having a macbook.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

not an inconvenience at all, NateD.

What steps did you take to import the library?
    What output routings do you have set?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast