Best Controller for Use With Analog Mixer
    Tech Mentor

Default Best Controller for Use With Analog Mixer

I own an X1 and an audio 4 dj right now and I plan on buying a xone 42.
    My question is should I buy one more X1. Or should I try something else like an eks otus, xone 1d, or something similar?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I hate to be unhelpful, but it's really up to you. Personally, I think you're better off with two X1's with the 42, but that's just me. You might find more use out of an Otus. But keep in mind the Otus has an internal interface, something you won't need. Also, the 1D has all those faders, something you might not need. But the X1 is going to be best served on 4 deck mixing. If you don't mix with 4 decks then it might make more sense to get a different controller.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I'd honestly throw the Maschine into the mix, if you're looking to throw something on additional and want to get some extra features out of it. There are some pretty sweet mappings, and I know one of the local DJ's I go see play out often just rocks that and an analogue mixer.

If you're looking for jog wheels, it's a different story though.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

+1 on the maschine i have one and its fantastic, you can do some crazy mappings for it and with a external mixer it is awesome as it has no faders so works well. Only thing i cant get used to is having 1 controller for both dacks being used to 2 tt's has been giving me grief in mixes hitting cue points on wrong deck. GO THE MASCHINE.

i would go for that new denon unit, the dnsc2000.

If your into juggling throw in a midifighter and a nanokontrol for your other fx panels. If your more into mixing than juggling then get a xone:1d, as it will give you different controls that will change the way you can control tracks dramatically (you can map the play/pause, fx, pitch, filter, and even tempo with all the controls on that bad-boy). Another x1 will keep your style the same and make your ability to control things differently stale.

This is all assuming you are doing this for a third/fourth deck, if you want more control for just two decks I would recommend getting a oxygen 25 and map each key/knob to load different effects with different parameters so you can have all your favorite fx combos at your fingertips.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Thank you, this is good news for other visitors