Artwork help please?

Default Artwork help please?

I'm just getting to the end of recording all my vinyl (around 6000 pieces of lovely black stuff). It's been a tiresome effort, but I've unearthed a few gems that I had forgotten I owned, so it has been worth it.

My problem is I have scanned all my artworks/sleeve covers, but I don't know the best way to save all the info for future reference. I've tried playing around with Itunes and I can easily get the artwork on to the song, but what happens when I want to save all the info on to a portable hard disk? When I use the export playlist, it just brings up lines of code. Now, ask me how to wire just about anything and I'll cope just fine, but the software side of things is letting me down at the moment.

I have also tried using Windows Media, but I'm finding that a little cumbersome to use. Ideally I would like to save all the info (including key and BPM) to the mp3 file, so when I list it on my portable hard disk I can see it all there in one place.

Any ideas folks?

what info are you wanting to save on the portable harddrive? artwork should travel with the mp3 if youre using itunes (ditto key and bpm, depending on the software / manner it is stored), but it sounds like youre just exporting the playlist?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    what info are you wanting to save on the portable harddrive? artwork should travel with the mp3 if youre using itunes (ditto key and bpm, depending on the software / manner it is stored), but it sounds like youre just exporting the playlist?
    Yeah, I think I'm just exporting the playlist. When I copy and paste the mp3 to the hard drive, none of the artwork or bpm etc, seem to go with it.

I'm new to Itunes, I have always tried to resist using it, but the Traktor integration seems to good to miss out on.

trust me, i came from a winamp-only mindset for the last 10 years. you will appreciate the time itunes saves you, especially in conjunction with traktor.

how / where are you viewing the mp3 you copied over to the external? i know i recently updated a lot of artwork, and then tossed em on my evo - artwork went with it.

edit: also, OS?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry folks, I've just realised I'm trying to copy and past Cafe del Mar album 3, when I had downloaded and assigned the image of Cafe del Mar 2.

That took me nearly an hour to work out. Moron.

*Thanks for the help CompleteJ

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    That took me nearly an hour to work out. Moron.

Welcome to my world!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x