Getting into Bootloader mode for firmware update - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default MF problems

I've tried to manually get into bootloader mode by removing the back of the MF and pressing the two red buttons in the order specified, and still can't update firmware. Consequently, I have no midi output from the MF. What should I do?

Default Help on updating midi fighter?

I got my midi fighter a couple months back and I was in the "group with a bug in the pcbs" So I had to manually get in to bootloader mode but using paper clips etc , but now I know there is an update for firmware and my fighter is acting really funny what are the step by step instructions do do this? I have it in bootloader mode now but evertime I run the Midifighter update It fails on me....
    Last edited by shiftyrhythms; 07-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

When you press the buttons there's no confirmation that you're in bootloader mode. Have you tried flashing the firmware after you press the buttons?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

For the people that don't have holes there's should be buttons on the bottom. Press those in the same order as the paperclip instructions state.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

the four button method doesn't work. i searched the forums and found that tapping and then holding the top left button puts me in menu mode. but when in there, i try to update and still get an error message like bootloader can't connect or something.

Tech Wizard

should I just send it back to DJTT?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by user name View Post
    yea i know that feeling! so how did you do it?

I had to put my MF into bootloader mode then i went into device manager and attempted to update it through there..... i do not recomend this because it says " its risky for the device" but i didnt care at the moment so i just did it.. at firts it didnt do anythign it just made my device go in the tab with "audio devices and cameras" in device manager.

After all that i tried the normal MF update , using the application and it worked perfectly

sorry for my english :P

Tech Student

Default Midifighter reset

Hey guys, JFYI , mine has died yesterday for no reason, no notes sent nor even a LED blink, after fighting with some screwdivers finally managed to discover that i just need to remove the silicon case to get on the little holes on the left. so, with 2 wires, i do as you said, and it went fine. all about 4/5 minutes (slapped myself in the back).
    and was to dumb to broken a little corner in the acrillic bottom, no big deal. Nice design man!

did it and it works, thanks!!!!!!!
    Knowing is knowledge, and knowledge is power

Tech Wizard

Sitting on the Mac, what should I do after I hit into the four corners?
    I have also tried to do as they show the picture (thankfully, I had "those red buttons")
    But then what?! Do not understand what yes to do after the!

My MFC has completely stopped working, only light and the CTRL key for tractor lights up but nothing happens.

Tried reinstalling, also tried to import the tsi file SEVERAL times.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast