OT: How do you celebrate school graduation in your country?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: How do you celebrate school graduation in your country?

So how did you guys celebrate the graduation of the last year of school?

The reason being is that I'm Danish, and I'm used to one day the day that your class is finished with their exams.

But, I live in Norway now and they have something called "Russetida" (The time of Russ), Russ is the term for the people graduating. And basically you all go in the same colored pants (red, blue) for 3 WEEKS. And you have meets all over the countries where some of the worlds biggest DJs plays.

Ohh and you spend all year creating personalized busses to carry your friends to all the meets. some people spend 600 000 Norwegian kroner ($97 000) on their speaker system alone.

This must not be true right?

Think again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ2RzFVoDhA
    Video from the Oslo Meet at Tryvann

So is this the craziest way of celebrating graduating? How did you guys celebrate?
    Last edited by looneygeorge; 09-09-2010 at 04:14 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think they mostly just get drunk and have sex here in the US.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think they mostly just get drunk and have sex here in the US.
    same here in new zealand. Your ideas sound much better
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

Here in Serbia, first of all we get drunk as hell. Some of us have trouble finding their houses. It is usually fallowed by some crazy party, half-naked swim in fountain on town's main square. Next day (or some more days after) we have a nice prom like dance. All guys in suits, girls in dresses, a local band playing some pop and so.

I'm a teacher in my day job, so I get to celebrate graduation every year. Part of this is a formal ceremony with the robes and the hats and the pomp and circumstance... The other part is the parties after that, and yes getting drunk is de rigueur That said, I think traveling around in psychedelic buses and listening to $97,000 speaker systems sounds far better

Yea, thats actually not a bad idea...I mean spending $97,000 on party. I suppose that we could sell few of our kidneys too get that money!!! :-)
    Just kidding guys. Standard in Serbia is verrrrrrry low. This would be really like that guy in video sad, imagine that you are i the rocket heading to the moon.

Each school spends 97,000 dollars on speakers for the bus? Confused still how this works but it seems amazing. I didn't do anything nearly this cool on graduation.

Edit: Now I remember what we did. Our class got a hypnotist who brought a bunch of the kids on stage and got them to do hilarious things. Then we went to some pizza/arcade place where all the games for free, then went to an indoor multi-sport arena where they had arena football, indoor soccer, batting cages. The thing went from 11pm-8am. I guess that wasn't so bad.
    Last edited by eastcoastams; 09-10-2010 at 08:56 AM.

taking lsd and going to Disney world. The year I went.. C&C music factory did a lip sync show... could have been live.. but I doubt it. This was 1991

Tech Guru

Here in Brazil the students need to organise and pay for a party that usually sucks...
    I did that. I liked my pizza night in familly much better then this party...

Its not always that 24 guys get to create their own 18 metre articulated bus - designed for throwing parties while driving for 50-100 people. I get to dj on such a bus for 30 days straight in 2011. They even have their own theme song, created for them.

Give it a listen, Its pretty good - the vocals are from one of the guys on the bus (one of my friends)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vOb4bx5dAI&fmt=18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast