VCI 300 Sound Quality
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI 300 Sound Quality

now after this baby has been out for a while, are there any pro reviews or any comments of you owners regarding the actual sound quality of the audio interface?

any info on the D/A converters beeing used?
    why can't one even find info on the S/N ratio on the vestax page??

i would love to see a comparison to RME FF400, fasttrack pro the NI thing and some other semi-pro audio boxes...

mr golden, bento san, all vci 300 users, any insight on this one?

Tech Guru

There is a review by Ean here on the site somewhere. For me the sound is quite good, but think the headphone out could be louder, but this should be resolved in the Itch software as Traktor Pro is louder. It is only a 4 out (2 rca/2- 1/4 outs) same outs and 2 rca ins.. I think it is a Maya card.

Tech Wizard

well thanks for the response,
    of course i did read the review on here before posting, but while it has a lot of info about the midi part, there aren't really any comments on the sound quality.

do you have any info on what maya components it might be using? where did you hear about that?

i guess i have to order one and measure it by myself...

TIA, weasel

Tech Guru

I wrote to a friend at Vestax (charles) and he said it is not the Maya 44, but a special one for the 300 and uses some newer sound technology. It is similar to the 44 but not the same by specs. 300 has higher specs.

Tech Wizard

ok thanks for the efforts...
    this at least narrows down the guessing range a little!

so we're probably safe to say it is capable of 88.2 and higher sampling rates.

any personal experience reports from use in big clubs would be appreciated, as well as comparisons to an RME FF.

Tech Guru

I have used at clubs before and mixed through another dj mixer (house mixer) and was sounding very good. I think the RMF would be a better all around card as it is Firewire and dedicated soundcard. Sound Out of VCI is very good, I cannot report for the input for recording.

To be honest, I don't think the sound of the vci-300 is that good. It all comes down to feeling, because I don't know the specs of the soundcard within the product. But I tried it now once in a club and I wasn't pleased about the quality.

Maybe just because it sounds logic to me that they won't put the most expensive soundcard in there because of their profit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnastics View Post
    Maybe just because it sounds logic to me that they won't put the most expensive soundcard in there because of their profit?
    This part of the reason why i am allways hating devices with inbuilt soundcards lol

Even if its a good soundcard... i really dont want to have to pay for every device i buy to have a soundcard in it :\

But hey... its a highly demanded addition to controls so i know why they do it *shrugs*

I wish they would come out with a VCI-300 without the sound card and just as a stand alone midi controller. Would you guys pay $499.99 USD for it?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I wish they would come out with a VCI-300 without the sound card and just as a stand alone midi controller. Would you guys pay $499.99 USD for it?
    No because the VCI-100's will be pimped out soon and they have a better layout

But if the VCI-100 didnt exist, then that would be a more reasonable price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast