what latency setting & anyone using coolbook?
    Tech Mentor

Default what latency setting & anyone using coolbook?

im wondering what latency settings people are using as it seems no matter what i set mine at i still get times when the audio in tracks drop out or i get stutters when im mixing tracks

also, sometimes, if i have a track playing and im scrolling through a track on another deck it will cause the track playing to stutter

i usually use pro when all other applications are closed and yes i have the background analysis when loading switched off

is anyone using coolbook with mac to help with their cpu performance when using traktor?

thanks
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Have you run DPC latency checker ?

Tech Mentor

i have no idea what that is

???
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml - read the entire page and it will explain what you need to do

who oh wait your using a mac lolz ! sorry

Same kinda theories apply though - you need to turn off your wireless and other devices that could be causing issues. Try and find a mac music production optimisation guide.

Tech Mentor

thanks

i started looking into getting coolbook but i might be in a luxury position soon of getting a new 17" mac book pro

so i might just use that one for ableton, trak pro and only music related stuff keep the one i have now for redtube ... i mean email