A few questions, rather easy for some of you, I bet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default A few questions, rather easy for some of you, I bet

Please bear with me, I understand that asking these question is the equivalent of asking some of you what 2+2 is.

I am using Traktor Pro 1.2.4
    VCI-100SE
    Audio 2 DJ
    And I have not updated the mappings yet as I don't even know what "mappings" are/do

My first problem is that I can play songs fine on Deck A and it outputs nicely to my speakers. My Deck B is output to Output B so that I can hear it on my headphones. However, as I am readying up the song in Deck B so I can lead from song A to B, I realized that Deck B's song STAYS in my headphones and refuses to come out of my speakers.
    This also happens when I push my crossfader torwards Deck B.
    Have I condemned my song in deck B to death?

Here are some pictures of my audio set up since pictures speak a thousand words:

and

Second problem is...well the crossfader and the two volume sliders do not work. As well as a few buttons.

Thirdly, I didn't upload my mappings simply because I have no idea what they do and what they are. But by browsing the forums a lot, they seemed to be talked about A LOT and seemed to be very important and integral part of DJing.
    What I did was I just downloaded the .zip package of the newest mappings which was the VCI-100SE v3_5_2. I noticed two versions, one was the original and one was the VCI_100SE v3_5_2(glitch fix). Which ones do I install.

Will installing one of them fix my crossfader/volume control/other button issue?

Thanks a bunch!

(edit) : i noticed that the picture links are broken, but if you click on it, it will show up : )

try switching to internal mixing, you have it on external on the outputing routing.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    try switching to internal mixing, you have it on external on the outputing routing.
    This and make sure you check external in audio outpuat page and the layout section on the main Traktor page. Its the drop down box upper right that says 2 deck Ext. mixer.

Check your mix volume setting you may have a combination of cue and mix volume that is giving you the headaches with what deck you hear.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

yay, one problem solved!

( wow, i can even see the crossfader bar and volume on the traktor interface)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    This and make sure you check external in audio outpuat page and the layout section on the main Traktor page. Its the drop down box upper right that says 2 deck Ext. mixer.

Check your mix volume setting you may have a combination of cue and mix volume that is giving you the headaches with what deck you hear.
    sorry, i don't quite get what you are trying to teach me here.

I tried going to the drop down box upper right that says 2 deck ext. mixer and selected that, but that gave me the same problem as i started out with and now i can't even see the crossfader lol

That's the layout chooser. it needs to be set on either 2 or 4 deck internal mixer. It;s set on external in your picture.

As far as mix volume you can change the amount of mix you hear in your headphones with the mix volume. With the latest mapping the mix volume knob on the VCI is the little nub looking knob on the left in the center of the VCI between the EQ's. Turn it all the way to the right and you get the nothing but the song in the deck you have have the cue (headphone button) selected on. As you turn it to the left you increase the amount of the other deck that you hear in your headphones.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That's the layout chooser. it needs to be set on either 2 or 4 deck internal mixer. It;s set on external in your picture.

As far as mix volume you can change the amount of mix you hear in your headphones with the mix volume. With the latest mapping the mix volume knob on the VCI is the little nub looking knob on the left in the center of the VCI between the EQ's. Turn it all the way to the right and you get the nothing but the song in the deck you have have the cue (headphone button) selected on. As you turn it to the left you increase the amount of the other deck that you hear in your headphones.
    thank you, i just got the hang of that.

in terms of the crossfader and volume control, does that all depend on the mapping update?

Not sure what you mean. The cross fader and volume control aren't affected by the mapping.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

in that case i'm kinda screwed, cuz i juts got my vci-100se today, i plugged it in, played with the volume and controller and nothing changes.

Okay, I got you. Yes the mapping will tell Traktor what to move when you move something on the VCI.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast