TSP Scratching problem
    Tech Mentor

Default TSP Scratching problem

I use two Technics 1200's with Traktor Scratch Pro, the problem is that when I scratch obviously the "Skipping" comes up on the scope but it actually often skips maybe like a half beat back or forward when I scratch. I use Traktor on relative mode so I don't think that its the stylus actually skipping. Any ideas??
    Thanks in advance

Tech Mentor

Bump anyone any ideas?

When my needle skip when using TSP or some of my friend's needles skip with TSP it's always bad Tonearm setup. Or the hole in control vinyl is too large and control vinyl fits way too wobbly on a deck, so when scratching the needle skips.

so from my experience, the skipping is in 100% cases caused by how you handle your TTs.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Mentor

I get the feelings it is the program itself rather than the turntable, I have watched the needle closely and it doesn't appear to skip at all. On the software side it looks like it might even freeze for just a fraction of a second then start again, I just don't really know what to else to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    I get the feelings it is the program itself rather than the turntable, I have watched the needle closely and it doesn't appear to skip at all. On the software side it looks like it might even freeze for just a fraction of a second then start again, I just don't really know what to else to look into.
    humm.... if that's the case, try look into your soundcard setup and try bit higher sensitivity. DVS processing takes a bit more processing power than standalone TP or controler setup.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII