The activator

Thread: The activator

Tech Convert

Default The activator

Hi everyone

when I saw mr. Golden and his midi fighter my brain suddenly got activated. I started thinking if it was possible to build my own controller. So I started reading some tutorials on this site and I made an image of how my controller should look.

I thought of using the midi-fighter board. Is this a good decesion?
    I'll need 4 analog inputs (4 pot-meters), 28 led-outputs and 32 digital inputs (4 rotary encoders, 24 arcade buttons and 4 normal buttons).
    If someone will try to give advice, please consider I'm a total noob. But I'm very excited to start this project.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think it's been said by people much smarter than me that rotary encoders won't work with the Midi Fighter. There's a couple of build threads that are currently active, check those out and see what kind of boards and software they'r using.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Maybe I can still make use of the midi fighter board if I replace the encoders by normal pot-meters. The design I added in my first post is the latest version of my design. The previous version had pot-meters in stead of encoders.

http://ucapps.de/

Midibox64e is what you want.

the MF only has 16 led outputs so going with a midibox or some hooked together umc32's is a better option..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

I think the MF will work. You would have to use two boards to get all of the inputs and outputs you're looking for.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think it's been said by people much smarter than me that rotary encoders won't work with the Midi Fighter. There's a couple of build threads that are currently active, check those out and see what kind of boards and software they'r using.
    Maybe it's endless encoders that dont work because Ean has some rotary encoders on the MF's on todays blog post.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Maybe it's endless encoders that dont work because Ean has some rotary encoders on the MF's on todays blog post.
    Rotary Encoders = Endless Encoders

If they end, then they are simply potentiometers or pots for short. And you can add pots to the analog inputs. I'm not sure on the resistance they recommend, but i'm sure it can be found easily in the midifighter section.

Tech Convert

What is this Midibox64e exactly. Is it some sort of DIY-kit like the midifighter? It seems interesting for my controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Shminkens View Post
    What is this Midibox64e exactly. Is it some sort of DIY-kit like the midifighter? It seems interesting for my controller.
    Read the link I posted