what are you going to buy the S4 or VMS4? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

S4!! I am soo stoked for it`s release. For me it`ll be the perfect controller because of what you can do with samples.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Quote Originally Posted by karlos santos View Post

oh and staying on topic, s4.:d
    shockerooni.

:d

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Anyway im going to BPM so i guess ill see for myself...
    Pics please, and lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Oh and staying on topic
    Whatever....
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I see the trend here but i have a question on the S4 the deck c and d is just for sample with limit of time or you can also play a 3 minute song for examlpe?

You can choose if you want decks c and d to be regular decks or if you want sample decks running, but not four decks and the sampler. So if yu wanted to play 3 or 4 minutes you would need to have decks c and d running. It would be nice if switching between the two options was just a simple layout switch that you could do while a track is playing, but I don't know if it'll be that way or not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Im definitely going to get the new allen and heath 4 deck controller coming out later this year.. I dont even know a single thing about it..
    Video un-eartherd, check the title of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvoBNoSVkEE

In actual news though it's on the BPM website that A&H will unveil the DB4, so I guess it really is real :eek:

http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/exhibitors...e2291fec481f69
    Chris Jennings FHP

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    shockerooni.
    :d
    Whatever Trevor...
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Pics please, and lots of them.
    Definitely

Whatever....
    Pfft...!

It would be nice if switching between the two options was just a simple layout switch that you could do while a track is playing, but I don't know if it'll be that way or not.
    Good question. Changing from 2 Decks/Sample Decks to 4 Deck mode is quite a feature change. Its much more than just a layout change say from 2 deck to 4 deck or 2 deck to 2 deck and sample decks. I think it might be stretching it to have that.

oh and Sample decks are exactly that. They are not full decks that can play full length tracks.

Video un-eartherd, check the title of the video

In actual news though it's on the BPM website that A&H will unveil the DB4, so I guess it really is real :eek:

http://www.visitbpm.co.uk/exhibitors...e2291fec481f69
    The way its worded ...its safe to assume its a controller... I mean... mabey the db4 is brand new type of headphones for two people and 4 ears...
    In this day and age... the rat race in controllers and the software running them.... gives you all the clear trends which will repeat on themselves.
    Xone Dx.. well.. yeah I guess made specifically for Itch was not Allen and heaths best move considering the power of traktor. Of course you can use it with traktor, but not optimized for it. The S4 looks like it will clearly be the tightest setup for traktor... but the cheapest feeling(first impression from seeing pictures and videos)

Size and weight ultimately will one set of factors ... Mabey If I win the lotto I ll get em all

As far as the current options out, I'm really looking at the S4 for the solution for me. Mostly because of the updated Traktor and the integrated setup with the controller. The HID controls are also a huge selling point, because otherwise I was looking at the NS7, V7, or VCI-300 which all utilize ITCH.

I think this controller really is going to be something else. I can't wait for it to come out. Hoping it comes out right around Tax Return season as well.

Although I haven't seen it yet, what I'm personally hoping for is 3 decks, and one sampler deck function. I feel that's the strongest way I can mess about, but we'll see. I like Serato's waveforms better, but everything else about Traktor I like better.

For me, it's at the top of my "beginner" budget as well. I suppose I could go with a VCI-100 and a Midi-Fighter for a similar pricepoint, but I like the idea of the full integration since I'd be carrying it around often.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    The way its worded ...its safe to assume its a controller... I mean... mabey the db4 is brand new type of headphones for two people and 4 ears...
    l
    Yeah safe to assume its a controller but what confuses me is the BPM blurb says that A&H will "will also be able to get hands-on with the Xone DX pro MIDI controller and the acclaimed Xone:4D." which kinda differentiates there controllers from the other product.
    And so soon after the DX..?
    If i was to guess at something other than a a controller id say a 4 Channel Digital Mixer. A kinda Denon X1600 mixer

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    what I'm personally hoping for is 3 decks, and one sampler deck function. I feel that's the strongest way I can mess about.
    Doable..?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast