:confused:Question VCI-300

Default :confused:Question VCI-300

Can anyone tell me VCI-300 and VCI-300 MKII which one are you prefer?

the reason is im going to buy one, if VCI-300 still working good as much as VCI-300MKII, then i will buy the VCI-300, coz its cheaper.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't know for sure, but I think I remember reading posts on here of people saying they weren't very impressed with anything that was supposed to be new with the the MKII. So maybe look at the differences and decide if you really need the new features of the MKII.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

i think the only two significant changes are the headphone volume is much higher. The VCI-300 headphone/cue volume can be a little low if you are in a loud booth, and the sound card itself is supposed to be louder/better quality -- but I've read it was no significant updgrade. I have a 300 and have no issues with it. If I could save some bucks I would get the 300. If the price differenece was 100.00 bucks or less I'd get the MKII.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Like others have said, no significant changes (at least for most people). Check the link below and see if any of the improvements are relevant to you.

http://serato.com/news/6233/vestax-r...or-serato-itch
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Mentor

To be honest i have a VCI - 300 and i hate it. And from what i can make out the MKII isn't much different.

So maybe re-consider and buy an arcade VCI-100, I've used one of those and it is much better.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mixmonster5 View Post
    To be honest i have a VCI - 300 and i hate it. And from what i can make out the MKII isn't much different.

So maybe re-consider and buy an arcade VCI-100, I've used one of those and it is much better.
    much better for what?

I agree that the VCI-100se can do some great things, and some things much better than the 300....but the 300 and Itch can also do things the 100 and TP can't, scratching for instance. I think alot has to do with what type of music you play and what style of Dj you are. I play mostly open format --- I had a 100 and now strictly use my 300. However, I'd also love to have a DJTT mapping for 300 made some day. This way I can choose between both Itch and TP.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you want to scratch at a half decent level the 300 smashes the 100 apart. Of that there is no argument.
    I don't like itch that much but the integration between the 300 and the itch waveform is awesome.

Tech Mentor

Yeah for scratching the 300 is better. But for everything else i prefer the 100.