VCI-100 Arcade Owners

Default VCI-100 Arcade Owners

I've watched all the videos and cyber stalked this forum from the past two weeks and I REALLY want a VCI-100 Arcade because of the effect mapping... However, I need to sell some stuff before I can take the plunge, plus I've noticed a few things that have made me curious:

1. There are a couple for sale here in almost new looking condition
    2. There really aren't very many vids of others getting crazy on theirs like Ean

So I'm wondering if the learning curve is too steep or what?
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What Ean does isn't easy. I think people use theirs like they're supposed to be used, but it's not close to some of Ean's routines so they don't post them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah, I just did the DIY upgrade from my silver vci and added arcade buttons and SE overlay. The mapping is amazing and I love the feel of the arcade buttons.

To use it in a straightforward way, the learning curve is small but i can see to really get the most out of it and use it to it's maximum potential will require a bit more effort, but in a good way.

Some people may be selling theirs cause they want to get the new Traktor S4.

Personally the S4 looks to big to be properly transportable and so i'm sticking with the VCI 100. Also I love the SE mapping and the arcade buttons.

Re videos, yeah i just wouldn't film myself having a regular old mix... it wouldn't make amazing viewing
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Thanks guys.

I realize that Ean invented the style AND has been doing it for years, so I figured that it's going to take a lot of practice for a guy like me to do anything decent.

Here's to me selling the gear I need to make the wife happy, so I can pick one up and get to it.
    blog | twitter

I've owned mine for 3 months where Ean has modified, tweaked, and used this for at least 3 years now. He's bent and twisted the interface and mapping to his specific requirements where most of us are still figuring out the rules we're trying to break. Give me another year and I'll probably be as comfortable with it as Ean was when he first made the 3.x mapping.

Here's the best analogy I can come up with and I hope it doesn't sound completely retarded. Getting the controller with the overlay and watching the tutorial videos is like learning that 2+2=4, and someone like Ean has done this long enough to figure out that 2+2 also means 2x2.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

I totally get it.
    blog | twitter

I would love the arcade buttons, but I already have a MPD32, which renders all the work for arcade buttons fairly worthless.

As much as I love Ean's tutorials, I don't have things setup exactly like him, it's kinda hard to follow... Which leaves me stuck style/technique-wise to learn all on my own. (non SE vci-100, no arcade buttons, original OS)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

@Max post some pics of the arcade mod mate. Since our last convo I'm really tempted to do it. How easy was it to find someone to cut the holes or did u do it.

Sorry for slight threadjack

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Sorry for slight threadjack
    No worries. I want to see pics too.
    blog | twitter