Scratching with VCI-100SE? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah and that guy in the video above is clearly a decent scratcher but...
    The skill hes showing has nothing to do with the jog wheel on the VCI. Its his crossfader doing the good work there.

If that was a vocal sample it would be much harder to precisely cut individual words and phrases. Just scratching the waah sound is not so hard.

Like i said, the difference between the VCI 100 and the VCI 300 cannot be overstated regarding scratching.

Thanks everyone for your great answers, hopefully the S4 will have some better options when it comes to scratching.

Even though it's not optimal, I would still like to at least give it a shot. I'm not getting a CDJ or a TT any time soon, so the VCI-100 is my only options.

Can you guys recommend any good tuts on just some basics?

Tech Guru

Man, I've gotta make one of these scratching videos. New unofficial firmware, Pro X fader, I am feeling really good about scratching on the vci 100 as of late. I don't feel like the controller holds me back at all now, just my less than stellar skills. When I'm on, though, it sounds great!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    Thanks everyone for your great answers, hopefully the S4 will have some better options when it comes to scratching.

Even though it's not optimal, I would still like to at least give it a shot. I'm not getting a CDJ or a TT any time soon, so the VCI-100 is my only options.

Can you guys recommend any good tuts on just some basics?
    Just ran into this guy on YouTube last night and I'd recommend giving his channel a look:

DJAngeloUK

He goes from basics to advanced maneuvers... You might have to get past how he talks with his hands when the camera isn't on his face (the best part) but he really does a good job of breaking things down in an understandable manner. Peep this one:

[youtube]6El2l_fgU4Q&feature=related[/youtube]
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

Brilliant tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Man, I've gotta make one of these scratching videos. New unofficial firmware, Pro X fader, I am feeling really good about scratching on the vci 100 as of late. I don't feel like the controller holds me back at all now, just my less than stellar skills. When I'm on, though, it sounds great!
    F you and that Pro X Fader!!

I want it....BADLY!

My next buy.....def!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by hallicious View Post
    Just ran into this guy on YouTube last night and I'd recommend giving his channel a look:

DJAngeloUK

He goes from basics to advanced maneuvers... You might have to get past how he talks with his hands when the camera isn't on his face (the best part) but he really does a good job of breaking things down in an understandable manner. Peep this one:

[youtube]6El2l_fgU4Q&feature=related[/youtube]
    YEP!

I DLed his 11 tutorials and have em at home.

Very cool and helpful!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Can you give me YOUR personal assurance about this firmware Zac..?

I trust your opinion. Give me the green light and ill do it.

It's really easier said than done. Thanks for the link, I'll just have to practice everyday from now on

yeah that guy is definitely the best scratch instructor on youtube. Very clear tutorials, and he really breaks down how to work each scratch into a routine. Worth watching even if you already know your stuff....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast