How to mix different genres (rock)?
    Tech Wizard

Default How to mix different genres (rock)?

Hey guys!I was trying to improve my skill putting inside my mix some classic rock song. The problems I find out are:
    1)I just can't find the right bpm of that song...I mean traktor doesn't recognize the perfect tempo and I have some problem with it (also if i try to do it manually)
    2) than everytime I put an 16/32 step loop after 1 shoot it start to go outside the tempo
    3) aaaaaaand i don't understand if i have to put a metronome or just leave it in auto mode.
    Hope you can help me and hope you can understand my problem.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I have seen it like 100 times....I try to watch it other 100 times than I asked again...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

LOL, yeah it's not easy that's for sure. You need a combination of the right song and talent to make it work well. Most times I'm missing both so I can't really help beyond that link.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Scratching, set a (start)loop by hand, just turn off the turntable on which the first track is playing, stop playing track with a delay turned on, put cuepoints on the first kick and snare of the new track so you can play the drums, ... there are so many ways to mix different genres even if the bpm don't fit. allways depending on your own ideas, hardware and software.

No big deal.
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

Tech Wizard

thanks for the reply....till now I almost understand how to put rocks inside my mix...I tryied it with sweet child o'mine. But I have to find the way to do it best. I don't have any ideas on how to shift the rock song with another song if the beatgrids are non synced well!I just have to use the freeze fx or just put hotcue inside the song (usually i do in this way) but I want the rock songs fits very well with the second track...so more complex in my opinion!