Upgrade from Pro to Scratch Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upgrade from Pro to Scratch Pro

Hey guys so I'm looking over the costs from upgrading to Traktor Pro to Scratch Pro and is this right: It'll cost me $559.00 which will include an Audio 8 and some other timecode stuff

Got it from here: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-pro/?page=238

So what are the benefits of getting Traktor Scratch pro instead of just Traktor pro? I'm looking into getting a pair of cheaper-ish turntables to use along with it (Probably some vestax TT's or some Stanton's) to see if I like turntables and if I want to continue using turntables.

Also, what are the benefits of TT's over CDJ's? I know the majority of the differences between Controllers and TT's but not really between CDJ's and TT's. I learned to DJ on CDJ's but I have yet to really get some hands on experience with TT's so that's why I'm interested in this now.

Thanks and I'm pretty sure I mucked up some of the wording in there so if you get confused with anything just ask me to clarify
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Do you already have Traktor Pro?

TT over Cdjs? No records crates to carry. Cds are lighter.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Traktor Pro doesn't have time code support, so if you want to use TTs or CDJs then you have to go up to TSP. You could always try to find a deal on a used Audio 8 DJ and buy the $339 upgrade, but Audio 8 DJs aren't cheap and that's part of it.

As far as CDJs and TTs, just look around the forum. Some people swear by one or the other, but it's normally for reasons of personal experience.

I think the one piece of constant information that you'll get is that if you want to scratch then get into vinyl. If you aren't going to scratch then there is no reason to lug around those heavy TTs.
    A little bit of gold and a pager.

Wow I never knew you couldnt upgrade from pro to scratch without buying the whole scratch set up. Looks liek Im just getting the Audio 8 and running midi controllers.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

You have to have a sound card that will support time code. the audio 4 and audio 8 will both do that.
    A little bit of gold and a pager.

You need a Traktor Scratch Pro serial number to run timecode. Otherwise you'd be able to ghetto together the parts for less than the cost of the complete system.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I would rather piece it together. 6 bills is HIGH!!!
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

Yup I've already got Traktor Pro and a VCI-100. I spent the first 6 months of my DJ-ing life learning how to beatmatch and do basic mixes on CDJ 1000's (at a DJ school that I went to. Some awesome experiences with those guys) and so I know that if I were to get CDJ's, I could comfortably use them but I would like to try my hand with turntables and start to get into scratching a little bit.

So I guess the only way to do that is to upgrade to a timecode-supporting software ya? Urgh ok thanks guys

so how's this deal for a couple of Stanton T.60's and a Stanton mixer?
    http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1917302798.html

Tech Mentor

First off any reputable scratch dj will always learn to scratch on real live turntables, Why because real scratching will always be an analog experience. Real Turntables do not have lag so intricate scratching techniques sound better with wax...Period. Second if you want respect as a scratch dj you had better learn to use TT'S BECAUSE SHOWING UP FOR A BATTLE WITH CDJS WILL GET YOU TOSSED! The PLATTER SIZE OF A TT has a better feel in my opinion and lets you experiment with different parts of the record to create different sounding scratch sounds.(In other words more area to play with). The feedback from the moving platter is also key to the feel of real scratching. So now you have to ask your self "am I a scratch Dj" if so get the Techs.(Or what ever you can afford at the time). If not get the CDJS and mix to your hearts content.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast