From the basics to the top (helps)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default From the basics to the top (helps)

Resume:What techniques Do I have to learn to from the beginning get a good level?

Hello everyone I decided to create this topic because I'm getting into all this of Djing but I have many doubts, others may also have them so this topic could be helpfull.

My problem is: I don't know how to start I mean I know the basic controls (put Fx, use the juggle mode, join songs when one ends...) but I do not know how to improve my level because I don't know what techniques do I must to learn to start from the basics until get a good level.Yeah I've already watched Ean videos but I don't know what are the first things that I have to learn.

For example (because maybe you did not understand my fucking inglish)
    I know the numbers but to know maths you first have to learn how to count, add, subtract etc)
    If you write the name of the techniques is enough if you want to explain it, itīs cool

One last question: If you try to upload to 1.3 firmware with the DJTTS method can you break during the process the vci-100?

Thanks everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by elgy View Post
    Resume:What techniques Do I have to learn to from the beginning get a good level?

For example (because maybe you did not understand my fucking inglish)
    I know the numbers but to know maths you first have to learn how to count, add, subtract etc)
    If you write the name of the techniques is enough if you want to explain it, itīs cool
    ..huh?

Tech Wizard

Yeah mate the example is the worst XD if it is too stupid I remove it

First, you have to learn how to mix, get the mixes to sound right, and get a nice flow in your set. While you're working on this, you'll start to notice sometimes two songs don't work together. This is where mixing in key comes in.

Especially while you're still learning, record your mixes, and listen to them afterwards, while you're in the zone stuff might sound awesome, but when you listen to it afterwards it could sound like crap. This helps me quite a lot.

Once you get to the point where your mixes start flowing, you can start looking at some of the more advanced effects combos Ean has videos on. You'll have a nice idea what he's doing, and you'll be able to do some of the stuff first try.

Also, mess around a lot. Try every effect and fx combo you can think of, and see what fits your style. Nothing will teach you more than just playing around, and failing.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsight View Post
    Try every effect and fx combo you can think of, and see what fits your style. Nothing will teach you more than just playing around, and failing.
    agreed.

also mixing the same song within itself is what helped me alot, i.e using different cue points to chop the song up, loop multiple bars and sample parts over each other.

Tech Wizard

And for start mixing different songs did anybody use some tutorial?
    So the first things for example
    lear to use grid markers and Transitions Between 2 Songs??

Read the manual that comes with tracktor pro is helpfull?

One last question: If you try to upload to 1.3 firmware with the DJTTS method can you break during the process the vci-100?

Tech Mentor

Do you know what style of music you would like to play or what type of Dj you would like to be. Are you talking about putting a mix together! Song Selection? Nowadays it seems Djs are turning to more production oriented mixing techniques so it would be valuable to know some production or remixing skills. Taking a production class for say Abelton or other production software might spark some ideas.

Tech Wizard

I would like to play electro house and I only have traktor pro and no money to get other programs to product

Tech Mentor

Do you use turntables or a controller.
    Are you having trouble beat mixing or syncing in traktor.
    This(Beat mixing, Syncing) should be mastered before you decide to even touch the Efx section.
    Also Song selection is key in any mix.

Tech Wizard

I'm using controller (vci-100)
    About syncing I got the deck master in auto mode... so syncing is automatic well that's what I think buy I don't have idea, about beat mixing if you know any thread or something would be cool
    Thatīs my problem I don't know the steps to make a mix...
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast