cdj help

Thread: cdj help

Tech Wizard

Default cdj help

i decided to buy a cdj as i wanted to start djing with them. i bought one on ebay but the magnet which sits on the platter to rotate it is broken. im desperately trying to find a replacement part but have only found one place.
    i have a denon dns 3500 cdj.

hopefully ive explained that enough for someone to help. obviously im new to cdjs so not sure what the part is called but looked in the manual and says taperboss but think thats pointing to the motor itself.

id rather try and find the part so i dont have to get a refund and bother trying to find another cdj for the same price. im based in the uk so am looking for a uk parts company but cant find any for denon at all that have that part i need
    http://www.instrumentalparts.com/dpm505.html

Tech Wizard

i know this probably isnt the place to post but am desperate and many people on here will use controllers and cdjs so is worth a shot

Tech Wizard

Maybe you should post a picture of what's broken?

Tech Wizard

the magnetic circle which is broken is suppose to sit on the platter motor to move th platter itself when playing a song. it still moves it if i put it on but as its broken it makes a racket and im not going to ever use that while mixin at home let alone a gig. if anyone knows what that magnetic part is called i.e its proper name or where i can find one, il owe you my life.

Tech Student

You could try contacting Denon support, looking at there website, under the support section, there is a "Click here for authorized parts" link

Might be a good place to start?

http://www.denondj.com/support.aspx

Tech Wizard

already tried that site and the links it gives for parts to no avail. also there all in america meaning a long wait to get the part. think ive found a place in the uk now anyway so hopefully all is resolved soon