They're getting closer.......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default They're getting closer.......

I hope this doesn't turn into a new emulator thread and you have all seen this a million times already as I've been on holiday for two weeks but this seems to be getting there. Love the accent from Ferry Corsten too, made me chuckle!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIO8T...layer_embedded
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

very very cool! i have yet to see that video so kudos.. others may have though
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

That actually looks quite good..?!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

chalking this one up as a win

but how useable is it in the real world?
    for example, you need to move in a cercular motion on the EQ, well what if you do a half circle and cut down the middle of the knob because your moving quickly, lowering precision.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    for example, you need to move in a cercular motion on the EQ, well what if you do a half circle and cut down the middle of the knob because your moving quickly, lowering precision.
    Totally agree. I don't think it is all that fun/easy to turn a two dimensional knob by sliding my finger on a screen. This is where gesture controls should come into play somehow...
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

That is how one makes a video demonstration!
    I'm pretty impressed...love that beat grid sliding back and forth.

Would love to see that for Android.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

That actually looks quite impressive. ...I bet my old iPhone 3G won't be fast enough to run it though!

It might be time to think about an iPad. That would probably make quite a good backup system!
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Right, I got my mate with an iPad to get this and give it a go. We have had a bit of time playing around with it and I've got to say.......it's ok!! By no means a decent replacement for the general software everyone uses here but the feel of it with all of the features listed is pretty good for basic playing around. It's only $9.99 (worked out about £7ish).
    I still maintain that the touch screen doesn't have the tactile feel of the physical buttons/ knobs (obviously) but they have definitely thought about the way the virtual button would be best utilised and it's ok.
    You can get the beat gridding quite tight and once they're locked in the beat rolls and looping is ok.
    I think you can tell that this isn't a DJ solution by any mean as they are still developing their headphone cue option where the head phone socket on the iPad/iPhone would be for cueing and the master out will go to the laptop via wifi which sort of kills the stand alone iPad application as you will need a Laptop/ desktop to be able to cue but maybe the intergergration of a soundcard could make this an all in one ultra portable bit of kit for small parties/ bedroom playing etc.
    I need a bit more time as only had about an hour last night but I will let you know what I find.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Guru

In my own eyes I see touch screen DJ'ing useful for

1) track browsing

2) FX triggering (for x/y type fx and for multiple triggering effects)

Leave the mixer section to just knobs and faders. And physical buttons for everything else. If this could be integrated with a software the right way, i think it could work very well.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast