sl1200 pitch lock?
    Tech Wizard

Default sl1200 pitch lock?

do technics sl1200 have pitch lock? i have found a cheap pair on ebay and the seller will not ship so im guessing there isnt much interest in my area so im gonna try and win them..

only thing is i cant find any info about pitch lock so can you really only mix songs that are close in tempo nothing more than 2.5%? i know nothing about turntables so any help would be great

Nope, no pitch lock.

(to be fair can you get TTs that do pitch lock? - a mixer might be able to, but I don't know of any turntables that can ...though I am no expert)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

its just that i looked at the stanton str8 150 and they had them

Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    its just that i looked at the stanton str8 150 and they had them
    Fair enough - I did not know that ... I bought my 1210's as they seemed to be recommended by everyone, and were relatively cheap.

I use them predominantly with TSP though, which has internal key correction when I want to use it ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

did you go from cdjs to turntables? coz thats what i was thinking how do u find the 1200? im gonna be using them with tsp aswell. do you find them more fun?

Tech Wizard

shure 1200/1210 have pitchlock, when the fader is in the middle and the green led is lit then the pitch is locked. donīt confuse this with keylock which is available in good cd-players or in dj software

Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    did you go from cdjs to turntables? coz thats what i was thinking how do u find the 1200? im gonna be using them with tsp aswell. do you find them more fun?
    Went from purely using a controller with TP to controller + decks and TSP, largely because I wanted to learn how to scratch. I enjoy it, a great big control surface to play with is really nice, and it does feel like a more 'organic' experience ...

The high end stanton's have both key and pitch lock, they're digital decks thats how it works.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
    shure 1200/1210 have pitchlock, when the fader is in the middle and the green led is lit then the pitch is locked. donīt confuse this with keylock which is available in good cd-players or in dj software
    ^^^^^^^^
    Yea That!

Technics 1200's have pitch lock.

the 8% range on the sl1200s doesn't make a huge difference in my opinion. but it's rare you'd use the whole range.

and if you're going to be using a DVS you can turn on key lock in the software

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud