VCI-300 Mapping (Flashflooder SE) for Traktor Pro - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you purchase a VCI-300 overlay from DJTT for this mapping?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

72 86.75%
  • No

11 13.25%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Has anyone else who scratches noticed:

1) Ramp up issue when letting go of jog wheel or,
    2) Cross Fader bleed?

Tested and compared to ITCH and these issues can not be duplicated.

Thanks guys for some amazing work!

Tech Guru

Hatch,

Yeah man there is a slight delay in the jogs when scratching. I haven't looked at how this was mapped, but the best map I have used for scratching was from this thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=13420&page=2

This may be how they were done or not, I'm not looking at Flash's map. I'll take a look at it tonight and if I can make some adjustments that improve the lag, I'll post up a .tsi.

Remeber though, it will NOT be what Itch feels like. That is another lever, it will feel as good as the VCI-100 feels...which isn't great, but something you can work with.

I have no x-fader bleed.

EDIT: The TSI on this page has a Scratch setting of 27%. Try 23% feels tighter, but still has a tad bit of a lag at the end. When your gonna let the beat play you gotta let go of the wheel as it would be going fwd. vs the last position in the end. Kinda like a weak turntable that needs a head start. Play with the numbers. I tried 25% and it felt good. Tried 23 and it felt better. Maybe 24 or 22 works best for you.
    Last edited by haze324; 09-25-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

FADER FX on third Effect!

Guys someone posted this earlier today:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d=1#post162518

I tried fixing it around a bit to work on the 300. Give this a try on your FX 1 (left) volume fader and let me know how it works. Only the volume fader is mapped. I'm thinking this would be a fairly easy fix to add to the master tsi on this page. Things are lookin up. Now just gotta find a way to get the jogs to work a little tighter.

Can anyone post some more details? I'm so confused, Coz I'm new in the vci 300 traktor mapping thx!

Tech Wizard

Thanks haze324,

Will check this out, with the new firmware for the VCI-100 makes you kinda wish they could reverse engineer the VCI-300 firmware and make it 100% compatible with Traktor.

Awesome work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Hatch,

Yeah man there is a slight delay in the jogs when scratching. I haven't looked at how this was mapped, but the best map I have used for scratching was from this thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=13420&page=2

This may be how they were done or not, I'm not looking at Flash's map. I'll take a look at it tonight and if I can make some adjustments that improve the lag, I'll post up a .tsi.

Remeber though, it will NOT be what Itch feels like. That is another lever, it will feel as good as the VCI-100 feels...which isn't great, but something you can work with.

I have no x-fader bleed.

EDIT: The TSI on this page has a Scratch setting of 27%. Try 23% feels tighter, but still has a tad bit of a lag at the end. When your gonna let the beat play you gotta let go of the wheel as it would be going fwd. vs the last position in the end. Kinda like a weak turntable that needs a head start. Play with the numbers. I tried 25% and it felt good. Tried 23 and it felt better. Maybe 24 or 22 works best for you.

Tech Wizard

Default VCI-100MKII will this help us?

So now the heat is on with the VCI-100 MKII coming out, I see the market for this product, and gosh if it had come out at the same time as the VCI-300MKII I might have even bought one.

But really the 300 is for Itch/Serato kids and the 100 for Traktor kids so there is and always was different markets for both these products. I'm happy with the 300 with Itch because the response time and sensitivity is so on point, ok so it's not real vinyl and it's not the NS7 but it's almost as good, it's just that I like Traktor more as an actual system.

Especially, since with Traktor I'm not locked down with effects controllers.

I hope that we can still work on the tsi here and keep improving it, but mostly I'm hoping there is some crossover in hardware which will mean that a VCI-300 tsi can be based in part on the VCI-100 MKII tsi for Traktor? Especially the jog wheels and other problematic areas....

Tech Convert

Is this mapping working successful? I will use my vestax vci-300 with traktor pro.

Tech Guru

^ yes it works great.

Just don't expect the jogs to work as good as they do in Itch. Aside from that everything else works great. I posted an update to it with the headphone cue buttons.

Tech Convert

Nice, I will test this mapp soon, I am searching a long time for it without luck.
    so this is the latest best map around?:=)

Tech Student

Ight guys i need major help. this is my first time using a mapping and im failing epically. Ive downloaded flashfloaders map for my mkII 5 times and have attempted to import it but it jus won't work and I have no clue as to why. can someone help me a bit?
    Info:
    - I using a macbook pro
    - I'm running traktor pro
    - I HATE ITCH FOR TRYING TO MAKE ME BUY A VFX1 JUST FOR EFFECTS
    thank you so much

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast